Hurricane Delta tracking thread

After 22 minutes of fast intensifying, I am sad to announce that Hurricane Delta is officially a Cat. 4.

@DIEGO11

2 Likes

And there is a Hurricane Warning in place for Cancun

1 Like

Thats not good 😬

Anyone want to mess around in the wind in a few days on the training or causal server? :D

1 Like

It is gonna be peak streng today and tommorrow, so if you want to do it do it FAST. Also, you can hurricane hunt in ES

1 Like

Just upgraded to a cat 3 hurricane

1 Like

It’s already a cat 4 mate

1 Like

Well the Weather Channel needs to hire new people then because I got an alert from them saying it was a cat 3 but the map shows a cat 4 lol

2 Likes

I have to say what is with all of the hurricane tracking threads?

1 Like

I saw that Laura had one, so I did the same here, for people know where to hurricane hunt

1 Like

Bro in law is in Cancun, as of last night around 7pm, they were told they had until 1 p.m. today to remain at their hotel before having to be moved to a shelter. They were booked to fly back on Thursday, presently they are at the airport with just about every other tourist in the city - they are booked to Atlanta at 3pm and then will have to figure out how to get to DFW from there as flights are booked.

1 Like

Oof hope he is able to leave

1 Like

Hope he makes it out of there or if nothing else to good shelter. Cancun is about to get the snot pounded out of it by the looks of things. I think a push to cat 5 is unlikely, but it still has the fingerprints of a growing storm. Eye wall lighting seems to have if anything picked up throughout the morning (for those of you who don’t know lightning is actually pretty rare in hurricanes and it’s presence seems to indicate certain things about the storm but the jury is still out on exactly what it means) and the pressure is forecasted to keep dropping. It’s easy to bring a storm down to a 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5, but within those there is a significant gradient and this one looks like it’s going to be well above barely a cat 4. Hopefully your relatives and everyone else down there is alright, looks like it’s about to get rough. Really sucks that most of the media here is talking about what strength it will be in Louisiana, no wonder Americans get a self centered stereotype 🙄

3 Likes

Very sad for the people in Cancun/Cozumel - they were just picking back up tourism wise. The last major hurricane to hit in Cozumel devastated one of the locations we like to go to. We regularly talk with a member of their staff via FB and his page today had it all boarded up and hoping it doesn’t hit them direct again.

Scary times for that region that has been hit hard the last few years.

2 Likes

Definitely. It’s easy to say it’s an expected part of life in the tropics, and that’s true, but it’s also the last thing many of these tourism dependent regions need right now. Hopefully people find a way to make it through not just the storms but this economic conundrum they find themselves in, because I’d be willing to bet a lot of especially smaller businesses in the impact zone don’t have the funds on hand to rebuild right now which after any other summer season they may have, or at least a larger proportion of them.

2 Likes

New Update:

Expected land fall as Cat.3 near eastern Lake Charles, around the impact zone of Laura. Cat. 5 impact is possible at Cancún.

1 Like

Oof. Everyone stay safe!

Oh boy, cat 5?

1 Like

It’s supposed to be 155mph just before landfall in Yucatán Peninsula 😬

1 Like

Oh cool, I usually post the hurricane tracking threads lol but okay.

And it’s delta ✈️ 😁 lol.

1 Like

Hope nobody gets hurt though.

4 Likes