Hurricane Delta tracking thread

As I write this, Hurricane Delta is a Category 2 hurricane expected to increase to a Category 4 major hurricane and make landfall in The Yucatan Peninsula in the next 24 hours and in Louisiana in the next couple of days.

How does this affect IF? As all of you may know we have live weather so we will be able to do some hurricane hunting!

Font: ‘Hurricanes’ app and https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/10/06/weather/hurricane-delta-tuesday/index.html

Thanks!
Stay Safe!
Gabriel.

3 Likes

Cat. 4 is a little bit of a stretch. From the NWS I’m seeing a category 2 all the way to land fall, with a possibility of a small sliver of cat. 4 winds over the gulf.

1 Like

Delta is already a pretty big cat 2, I can definitely see cat 3 or even maybe cat 4

1 Like

The link I sent shows it my strengthen to a Cat. 4
Also, I will send a screenshot of the ‘Hurricanes’ app.

This is crazy, the hurricane will cross over my city 💀

1 Like

Oof. Stay safe mate!

1 Like

Yep, i will be playing IF all the time i think 😂

1 Like

Delta Airlines: Please fasten your seatbelts and prepare for turbulence.

4 Likes

Light to Moderate Chops 330

1 Like

According to the NHC, it’s forecasted to remain a major hurricane until Saturday morning. Should make landfall in Louisiana as a cat 2ish. However, Cancun is in for a major hurricane.

2 Likes

Poor @DIEGO11, he is from Cancun, and will be direct hit by a Cat. 4

Oh god, this is insane 😖

2 Likes

According to the hurricane app, it is officially a cat 3

I’m just imagining a Delta 737 fly into Hurricane Delta

1 Like

Is expected to be cat4 :/

1 Like

I think it might even become a cat 5, but after the Cancun landfall
But I am not sure and hope it doesn’t happen

1 Like

Winds are forecast to reach a maximum of 140mph, which is still well in category 4 territory. Still, they’re unsure about the intensity forecast once it enters the northern gulf.

2 Likes

This is a bit off topic but what are the highest possible (or seen) winds in IF?

1 Like

THere are these topics with records.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like