Humars's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @N/A

Correct. However, you do not need to worry about their speed in this situation, as the pilot will be in control of the aircraft and adjust their speed accordingly to be able to turn base/final.

1 Like

Alright, thank you for the clarification!

1 Like

I’m open! Here’s all the necessary details:

Airport: EDDT
Server: Training server
Winds: 90@8 (subject to change, check winds to see if this initially recorded information is applicable)
Currently active runways: 08R and 08L (subject to change, check currently active runways of the airport to verify if this initially recorded information is applicable)
Elevation: 122ft
Estimated time: 20 minutes-1 hour (special circumstances that will require me to stay will allow for a one 1 hour session, anything of normal circumstances will result in only for 20-30 minutes of minimum average)
Pattern work is allowed and encouraged.
Any & all vital & crucial feedback is appreciated for any mistakes I make.

Note: I won’t be able to look in the IFC (Infinite Flight Community) website for most of the time during my controlling, so I apologize for any mistakes I may make in advance.

Also, if anyone has airport recommendations, particularly those that are GA-friendly, I’d appreciate if you can suggest it here or through PM (private messages).

Mentions (these mentions include people who have given me permission or asked me to mention them): @Menthesuphisth

2 Likes

I’m now closed! I’d like to thank, in particular, @Aaron.C, for attending my session today alongside a couple of departing aircraft. It’s been a fun time, although I had to distract myself for more than an hour on things whole I await any pattern aircrat, such as observing the fateful crash of a 777-300ER and two aircraft somewhat very close to each other that is travelling to an unknown destination, it’s somewhat worth it. Hope all of you who attended, or not, have a fantastic/wonderful day!

Note: Those who attended to do pattern aircraft (@Aaron.C), if you’re able to give me any feedback whatsoever it will be very appreciated, but thanks anyways for attending.

I also like to give an honourable mention to @Menthesuphisth for allowing me to mention him, including personally PM’ing (privately messaging me) why he couldn’t attend, which is quite surprising and appreciated as well.

2 Likes

Hey Humars!

You did a pretty good job, hopefully some more people make it out next time so you can get some sequencing work!

My only comment for improvement would be if someone calls in on an ILS/GPS/Visual, if there is no radar facility that cleared them for that approach, then treat it like someone calling inbound. Pattern entry,sequence, clear. Other than that great job! Good runway changes and clearances!

1 Like

I’m open! Here is all of the necessary details:

Airport: LSZL
Elevation (to make it clear if people don’t understand, the elevation of the airport): 649ft-650ft
Winds: 0@2 (information subject to change, check winds for up-to-date information and to make sure the current information is applicable)
Currently active runways: All runways currently active, but I’ll most likely send you to 08L, 08C and 08R for takeoffs and landings (information subject subject to change, check currently active runways for up-to-date information and to make sure that the current initially recorded information is applicable)
Estimated time: 20 minutes-1 hour (special circumstances that will require me to stay will allow for a one 1 hour session or more as necessary & appropriate, anything of normal circumstances will result in only for 20-30 minutes of minimum average)
Any & all vital & crucial feedback is appreciated for any mistakes I make.

Note: I won’t be able to look in the IFC (Infinite Flight Community) website for most of the time during my controlling, so I apologize for any mistakes I may make in advance.

Mentions: @Menthesuphisth
Apologizes to @Nils_Esser for confusions as apparently he spawned in the aiport I initially opened and is doing patterns when I’m not there :/.

Also, if any of you haven’t realized yet, I have opened this particular airport to celebrate Marc’s promotion to moderator of the community :/.

Ok what was going on today?

Pattern Entry, Sequence, Clear

That is the order you have to follow.
If there is an aircraft on short final runway 08L which is cleared as number one the aircraft on left downwind runway 08L obviously can’t be number one as well. Also the aircraft on left downwind needs a sequencing so the pilot knows who he is supposed to follow.
You alxo shouldn’t use speed restrictions if they aren’t needed. If you sequence aircraft A to follow aircraft B you don’t have to tell aircarft A to maintain slowest practical speed. This is the pilots responsibility now.
If an aircraft is intending to land at the airport after a transition, it is necessary to send a pattern entry. This applies to every aircraft that is entering your airspace with the intention to land (or do a touch and go) as long as there is no Radar present.

So to sum up:

1. Pattern Entry
  2. Sequencing
  3. Clearance
  4. Take your time
    Pilots won’t mind if it takes you a bit longer to send a command if the command is correct.
    That is way better than sending the wrong command fast.
    So just keep on practicing and I hope to be able to join your next session as well!
    Nils
1 Like

I’m now closed! I’d like to give special thanks to @Menthesuphisth, @Nils_Esser and Infinite Flight 1218 for attending my session today, it’s been hectic since there has been an airport change in the last minute and having to get familiar with the surroundings, but it’s been something. Hope all of you have a fantastic/wonderful day!

Note: If any attendants that were mentioned or attended my session could please give me feedback (already noticing some, will read them now), that will be dearly appeirctaed. Once again, thanks for coming and hope all of you have a wonderful/fantastic day!

Ola! I was there for a short amount of time…

This is my peronal opinion, but it’s better to pick a charlie based airport. Since a Delta is quite small etc and I don’t think you would get a practical on a delta airport. Same goes for picking the airport. For me it was quite difficult to manoeuvre due the mountains.

While you instructed me to follow @Nils_Esser as number 2 you’ve requested to maintain slowest practical speed.As @Nils_Esser already mentioned

So it was unnecessary.

More I can’t add, since Nils already did :-).

Thanks for controlling! See you next time!

To look for an appropriate airport I would advise you to look here

2 Likes

I just realised that my feedback was very negative. Your ATC skills have definitely improved. I know you can get a little nervous if there are many aircraft around and we all sometimes forget an aircraft. Just wanted to clarify that I don’t want to demotivate you. ;)

1 Like

Hello Nils_Esser, thanks for coming to my session today! For the aircraft I accidentally cleared as number one including you, I immediately send a correction message then the correct message if I believe correctly (I will check the replay to double-confirm), but I do agree with you that I needed to take my time to send correct commands because I was pressurized to send timely commandments at that time according to the functions & knowledge of my brain :/. I do apologize for accidentally not giving you the pattern clearence & sequence as at the time I thought that I just need to clear aircraft that are declaring inbound :/.

Regarding the slowest practical speed command, at the time I felt like the aircraft behind you (if I can recall correctly it was Infinite Flight 1218) was going to fast that there would be some problems so I sent the command. However, I will make note that it’s the PIC’s responsibility and not mine.

However, setting this aside, thanks for attending!

Absolutely no problem, although feedback may be negative for me it’s steps to improve :/,

1 Like

When I picked the previous airport that was small (LSZA), I immediately realized that it wouldnt allow for runway change requests so I decided to pick LSZL instead, which had three runways and perfect for runway changes :/.

As for the feedback, you can read the reply I sent to Nils_Esser for further clarification on my actions and more :/. But thanks for attending!

Hello ladies and gentlemen! This is just a quick question to ask for your opinion on an particular important matter for the future of this tracking thread and my journey to become an IFATC (Infinite Flight Air Traffic Controller).

Q: How many days, weeks or months do you recommend I practise for before taking the IFATC (Infinite Flight Air Traffic Control) written exam, according to your observations in my previous, latest and recent sessions?

You can be as brutally honest as possible, which I encourage you to be brutally honest for the greater good of my journey :/.

These responses will help me in considering the proper date & time, along with the knowledge & practise I have, to take the IFATC written exam.

Thank you in advance for any & all answers/responses!

I would suggest a week or two, but it depends on your knowledge. Have you reviewed the videos? Studied the manual? Are you able to comprehend the workings of tower and ground control? These questions will ultimately be the ones deciding whether you’re ready for the written or not. From what I’ve seen, you’re very close, but it comes down to whether you’re comfortable taking it now or later. Whatever path you choose to take, I wish you the best of luck. :)

1 Like

That’s all up to you. If you read your feedback well and implement them well I don’t think It would take so long to do your practical.

If I were you I’d just go for the written exam and then apply for a trainer :-). The trainer will guide you and can give you more specific feedback :-).

So first, just apply for the written. If you study the manual and the YT channel of IF then you can do a written exam within 1 week, I guess? It eventually depends on yourself ^^;;

1 Like

I’m open! Here is all the necessary details:

Airport: KOMA
Elevation (to make it clear if people don’t uderstand, the elevation of the airport): 983ft
Winds: 320@26G38 (information subject to change, check winds fro up-to-date informaton and to make sure the current information is applicable. G=variable between 26-38)
Currently active runways: Runways 36, 32L and 32R (information sbject to change, check currenty active ruways for up-to-date information and to see if the initial recorded information is applicable)
Estimated time: 20 minutes-1 hour (speical circumstances that will require me to stay will allow for a 1 hour or more session as necessary & appropriate, anything of normal circumstances will result in only 20-30 minutes of the minimum average duration of the session)
Any & all vital & crucial feedback is appericated for any mistakes I make.

Plus, this will also be probably be my last session before I attempt to pass the IFATC written exam tomorrow. I will continue to keep this tracking thread open for further feedback since passing the IFATC written exam isn’t the only step to becoming an IFATC (Infinite Flight Air Traffic Control) but this is just a notification, if any of you object this decision please PM (privately message) me or mention it here why. Be as brutally honest as possible, I don’t mind how negative it may be, I only care about the improvements that is said.

Mentions: @Menthesuphisth and @Nils_Esser

1 Like

Hello there. That was windy! Good controlling. I like the way you anticipated runway crossings. Your transition altitude was perfect. Check your reply for 16:16. I do believe this was a mistake. You asked me to enter left downwind for 32 left. I ignored this at it didn’t make any sense - I think you meant enter right downwind for 32 left. Good luck.
G-MAN

1 Like

I’m now closed! Wspeical thanks to @Michael_O_Sullivan for attending today’s session, it’s been much more calmer and less hectic than last time as I finally made sure I didn’t remake the same mistakes again, but not much people attended other than one regular departing aircraft going to KORD (Chicacgo O’Hare), however it should be fine.

Thanks to all who attended and hope all of you, whether you attended or not, have a fantastic/wonderful day!

Hello Micheal_O_Sullivan! I believe left downwind was the correct pattern insturction because that meant you would be making left turns to get to Runway 32L, if I did right downwind then that would mean you would be doing right turns to get to Runway 32L so that woul be unethical to send you for right downwind by looking at the direction/heading you were facing/on at the time.

However, setting this aside, thanks for coming to my ATC (Air Traffic Control) session today and hope you have a fantastic/wonderful day!