HUD usage

Hello IFC!

I was just wondering and wanted to make a poll, to know approximately how many of you try to use the most realistic experience, without using the HUD, even on takeoff, landing and taxi. Thank you for submitting your answer!

Best regards,

• I do not use HUD at any moment of the flight even ground ops
  • I use HUD during all the flight even ground operations
  • I use HUD on takeoff/landing/taxi (one of them or more than one) but I don’t use them for approach or climb

0 voters

1 Like

In planes without HUD IRL, I use IF instruments, but I mostly fly aircraft with HUD.

2 Likes

I do landing,only. Except on commercial. The. I do deparure,approach,and takeoff.

1 Like

I only don’t use it with GA. Since there aren’t working cockpits I find it necessery for all parts of flight.

3 Likes

Thank you guys for voting and commenting! It was just a question that I asked to myself, and the variety is good, I always used HUD but now I am trying to accustom to use it without HUD, just for making it look real.

In real life it is from my knowledge (I am not 100% sure) that some commercial aircraft have it and pilots use it for takeoff and/or landing, so it is a great aid for being aligned and to show some important factors (speed, altitude, V/S).

I would love to land in the cockpit; it’s just that every time I try to do it, instead of using my rudder, it turns the view, and you can’t land a plane looking left, and not forward.

almost just for take off and taxi

I have started only using HUD for takeoff, but some RL airlines it is MANDATORY to use it for everything.

It is mandatory yes and rightly so

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.