HUD in real life?

As I was scrolling through social media, I found this image in the web, and I’ve never seen it before. Can someone tell me what to call this? Do all planes have it?

2 Likes

No. This is just a picture layer on top of another picture. The picture on top is a artificial horizon and all planes have them

1 Like

Some planes have a HUD, like the 787, but that photo is fake.

4 Likes

It’s a video. And apparently is in a 777. Seems pretty convincing.

1 Like

It’s just two videos overlapsed
One of the display
One of the runway

The glider I fly doesn’t have one…

Can you show us the link to the video?

Seems like someone is layering two real time footages together, one from the artificial hor. and the windscreen to see how things matches up in motion. I love these things as I’ve done a similar video to motion track an Airbus side stick against the view outside.

P.S. if you want to see HUD in real life as your title query (if you haven’t seen one already), I also have the youtube link for you if you wanna.

Well technically gliders arnt planes 😉

1 Like

Ya they are

1 Like

It’s not powered by a motor or engine

1 Like

PLOT TWIST: Powered Gliders!

Anyways, no not all airplanes have them, just fancy ones like Falcons, Airbus, Boeings ect.

2 Likes

https://howthingsfly.si.edu/ask-an-explainer/how-are-airplanes-and-gliders-different

1 Like

Well it was on Instagram so I can try

1 Like
1 Like

In my car, there’s this thing that shines the information on the windshield, like speed, etc. So it’s kinda like a hologram, but not really. Could that be what this is?

Yeah I have come to realize the visor in the B787 is actually a HUD didn’t notice though it was just a visor but once you look into it, it isn’t a visor well it kinda is but in fact a mini HUD for the pilots really cool in my opinion

1 Like

Woaahhh thanks!! Exactly as I thought, love it, thank you! It looks like three things: the HUD, artifial horizon and the outside view, so we could see exactly what the pilot is seeing on the instruments in relation to what’s going on for real to the plane itself, thanks!

1 Like

Yeah I think that would be amazing if all planes had it. I believe the fighter jets have this right?

1 Like

So it’s not edited? Because there’s many examples where this kind of thing is used.

Yes I believe so

1 Like