HUD (Head-Up-Display) for all military aircraft

Hey IFC,

With the latest update of the F/A 18E we got a great plane with a lot of nice features such as internal displays, hook, canopy and foldable wings. Unfortunately one feature didn’t make it into final release and this is where my request is: an HUD - Head Up Display for a better navigation and handling experience and of course: a better immersion. For the 18 as well as for other military aircraft. The new release revealed the left display inside the cockpit and it already shows a functional visual HUD. Unfortunately when you move the head around, it obviously hides all the information needed. Solution:
MDA - Helmet-Mounted Display which is commonly used in modern fighter aircrafts. Some examples I did with graphics already available in the game:

Center view
Looking around
Fixed HUD on cockpit panel
Night view
Actual MFD inside the cockpit

If this is considered a duplicate, I’m sorry.
If this feature request is classified as new: great so I hope it’ll catch some attention. Please vote for it.
If this feature is already in the making: mods, please close away.

Thx aviators.
BB

That would be cool because it would really be simpler and more realistic.
You have my support!

5 Likes

Thx, a lot. I really hope they’ll add it in the near future.

7 Likes

Mhm it would be cool to have the hud on the class panel got my vote

7 Likes

Both options would be really helpful. Maybe both is possible. When the head moves around it unlocks the graphical interface and uses the MDA view that I suggested. However I’m not sure if this is realistic….

5 Likes

I also did this Image but somehow missed to upload it

8 Likes

Indeed that look even better if it’s on the hud

4 Likes

4 Likes

If they are gonna add a hud like that they might as well do it for all aircraft inside the captin view no point in wasting it on one aircraft might as well have it like that for all

2 Likes

We already have a HUD view and you can also turn on a HUD on cockpit view. Besides, not every single aircraft has a HUD in the flight deck IRL.

3 Likes

Eh true it and the one inside the cockpit is bugged

1 Like

I think the reason it’s bugged is because the HUD is not meant to be used in cockpit view so it would be a good idea to add it, maybe if you could toggle it tho

1 Like

Thx for your ideas. For me it doesn’t really matter, the decision is on Devs side. At least we need it badly for those aircrafts that are difficult to fly without it. Just my opinion :)

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s realistic but DCS seems to have a similar system, when you look far enough away from the centre glass display the hud appears and follows your view, this would be cool to have in the sim as it offers both options and a toggle to turn off the tracking hud (when your looking away) would be great.

3 Likes

This would definitely be awesome and combines both preferred views.

4 Likes

the Hud when looking away from the center glass display is the HMD, Head Mounted Display, this shows in the visor of the pilot. although it is becoming common due to technology it is still not that common due to the price of these helmets. the standard Hud in the Center Hud display i think will be better due to the coding needed for the HMD compared to the regular Hud. just my 2 cents on this topic

4 Likes

Thx for sharing your thoughts, I personally would take whatever we can get :) needless to say at the moment it looks unrealistic. So any improvement is highly appreciated.

Resource if someone is interested: HMD

4 Likes

Yes thats the accronym !! thanks for the correction

3 Likes

Closed this feature request in favor for yours, as it’s more or less the same:

7 Likes

Thanks Marc!

3 Likes