Huawei loses access to google and Android.

🤣🤣🤣
😒😒😒

There’s so much I could say but I’d prefer to stay on topic

1 Like

To my understanding the blacklist was due to security not the trade war

1 Like

And this is why I would be way more scared of them with an independent OS

1 Like

Everyone please make sure we stick to the topic and no political stuff!

The trade war based on security. Specialy with Huawai.

2 Likes

Its honestly a shame how millions of people will be left with useless phones.

1 Like

What do you mean? The trade war, and security concerns are separate

1 Like

Some such as myself will be able to claim refunds if things get worse or do actually end up happening as they say.

1 Like

No they can still use public android…wont be upto date fix and updates. They will get public data and push updates.

“Huawei will only be able to use the public version of Android and will not be able to get access to proprietary apps and services from Google,”

2 Likes

I wonder if i will be able to get a refund

1 Like

AOSP is the bare minimum. It lacks a ton of features and not many use it due to this. They have also lost access to google services meaning in future updates (if there are any) will lack the google play store and any google app.

1 Like

What trade war trump has with smartphones?

1 Like

We cant trust Huawei security though. The New Zealand consumer law says if we dont receive Huawei security updates i can get a refund. No doubt the NZ government will tell us if they think its serious with what has been happening in NZ of the last two years

1 Like

Security reasons they like to spy on us. But again lets stay on topic

Certainly a factor in me choosing to use Apple devices to some degree. As you well know Apple do stop giving access to the government, we don’t know what they can do though so it’s pointless to discuss that but China isn’t exactly a trustworthy ally, not up to the bar like Russia but still pose a threat potentially.

2 Likes

True Very true

1 Like

Everyone has their preferences when choosing a smartphone, and i chose an honor phone due to the specs and my budget. This will affect millions of innocent consumers and will hurt both google/android and huawei repectively. Oh and it will affect the america economy as they wont be seeing 5G support for good 5 years by not using huaweis technology.

1 Like

Same i chose my phone due to budget reasons now i wish i waited longer got the One plus 6T :( but my Samsung Note 5 was on its last legs

Of course. The way things are going though they are increasing prices along with Oneplus so how long they cater to the masses is anyone’s guess and whether or not their own OS is good plays a factor, they could just reposition their business in another country, it wouldn’t be hard given they have offices worldwide. There are legitimate concerns though which I do believe, if it was a witch-hunt it would not start and stop with only Huaweii, there are a few other companies it would also target.

5G isn’t something we need here in the UK, if we go ahead with it we will have restricted access to intel which is ridiculous to jeopardise.

2 Likes

Well if some of us lose the play store the devs will need to come up with a fix! I wonder what they’ll do?