How will we have enough memory

Just wanted to know how we will have enough memory for global flight and also how will we be able to stop for a bit when on live because we can’t fly for 16 hours strait

3 Likes

Exactly what I thought! But the devs are amazing so they will think of an amazing solution! 😄

2 Likes

Chunk loading will work like Minecraft

5 Likes

Extremum landings pro (don’t hurt me!!) have large chunks and load and close chunks

2 Likes

@Bluepanda900 you’re right! Minecraft chunk loading is what I always thought of but couldn’t accurately describe! That would be the most reasonable way it would work.

3 Likes

I was thinking about this recently actually, RE long haul flights. Here’s what went through my head…

They may implement some sort of “fast forward” feature, but then I thought “well then what’s the point of global flight?” But I guess if you want to forfeit the XP etc, then it may be a viable option.

They may expand the Autopilot feature to include AutoNav (and maybe a “course” function) so autopilot will fly the flight plan you filed while you sleep. But this could open up the gates to “ghost pilots” grinding XP while they are ‘AFK’ to get to expert server. Maybe they could limit AutoNav to 9hrs or so per 24 hours or something like that…dunno.

The may simply add a save progress function, so you can come back and finish your flight later.

Who knows…whatever the end result, I’m taking a week off work when Global comes out and not sleeping until I pass out 😂

2 Likes

Why not ?? Just leave your device running.

Exactly. Fast forward is useless with global.

4 Likes

Because without a rework to the autopilot system, you could wake up after a nice 6hr sleep to find yourself in Copenhagen and missed your left turn at Albuquerque 4 hours ago 😂😂😝😜😉

2 Likes

Fly short haul then

1 Like

Minecraft’s chunks is the best way. It has inspired many other games that have free roaming to save memory.

But that just raises the point you made previously…what’s the point of global if you only fly short haul? Sure you will have the airports of the world at your disposal, but I’d say the majority of players have been asking for global to fly global routes and not local routes globally. (Don’t shoot the messenger by the way…I’m just throwing up “what-ifs”) 😋

1 Like

That’s true, has the Dev team talked about re working it?

I’m pretty sure that AutoNav was already confirmed

3 Likes

I’ve heard rumours here and there of some sort of AutoNav system, but nothing solid or verified.

Theres going to be LNAV :D

5 Likes

Then we should have no problems leaving our devices running

2 Likes

I un-liked your comment, just so I could ‘like’ it again! Thanx bro

1 Like

xD
No problem
So i can just turn on lnav and leave whenever i have work or class :D

1 Like

Will IF take up more space than Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas?