How were you when you first played IF

I found the game IF when I was watching a youtuber named “Swiss001” back in Dec. ‘17. I was a total noob, I’d land a plane at between 170-200kts, and the descent, I was nose diving down from FL 200 to 2k ft in just 1-3 mins when approching an airport, and I never knew flaps and nav were a thing. Eventually, after watching MANY tutorials, I got better, I first bought IF PRO back in May 2018, then I was addicted to infinite flight

9 Likes

I played from mid-2015 to late 2017 where I stopped for a while until August of this year. I remember I would takeoff, cruise and land at 180 knots 🤦‍♂️

6 Likes

I was 7 and I was actually decent. Didn’t know how to use autopilot, always put the engine power to 100%, but I still could put a bird back down onto the runway.

6 Likes

Yeah me too 100% engine power on takeoff was a habit i do

2 Likes

Due to my past real flight experience, pretty decent, but I am definitely much better now

3 Likes

I found IF in October 2017. I was 13 and a total noob 😂. I knew I wanted to be a pilot, but knew little about flying.

But, I’ve learned a lot through it and its amazing community, and now, I would say that I could safely operate a small airplane (like, a C172 or something) on my own.

5 Likes

Tried to land a Dash-8 at 170kts🤣🤣

You can definitely infer how that went😂

3 Likes

ryanairish landing @Claudio

1 Like

Nose first gang 👊🏼

1 Like

I was around 10 years old, I believe back in 2013 (yes back when it was the really old version) when I downloaded IF on my granddad’s iPhone. And boy was I pleasantly surprised to find a pretty decent flight sim on mobile.

I was playing on-and-off for the next few years (because the iPhone didn’t belong to me) till around 2016 where I got an iPad.

The first tutorial video about IF I watched was The Perfect Takeoff Tutorial (B777) and rewatching it now really does bring back the memories.

P.s. don’t follow all of the tips in the tutorial some of them are rather inaccurate

4 Likes

I used to turn strobe lights all the way through my flight and it was embarrassing when i found out how to use it properly

1 Like

It was four years ago,when I typed plane game on App Store.I found infinity flight download it and never forget to play it.I remember the airport St-Clementine(KNUC) and Klax was the airport to land online

1 Like

I first spawned at KSJC in IF, not knowing what I was doing

Little by little as I explored different areas and regions, I began gaining experience on how the controls work. Now, I am a Grade 3 and flying on the expert server! :D

3 Likes

Bought IF in 2014. Was flying around in solo having no idea what I was doing, but admiring the super realistic aircraft models compared to other mobile sims and the incredibly wide range of liveries. It was just what I was looking for.

Aaaand that animated water. 😍

I was a bit slow to jump on Live in 2015, but I was addicted as soon as I saw it. Unfortunately I never purchased some of the very popular regions like the Carribbean where airports like Princess Juliana (Sint Maarten) were very popular and very fun to fly into with ATC on the “Advanced” server. I would always mess about flying the Southwest 737 from Half Moon Bay airport on “Playground” with a bunch of other people also flying commercial jets from that airport, trying to get into San Francisco’s bravo airspace without being penalised back in the day.

1 Like

4 years ago in Dec 2015. Casual server was the littlest place at the time, Bay Area region esp KHAF was the place to be. Ah, good memories.

1 Like

I was 5, back in 2012. I took a break for 2 years but got back into it in 2016.

2 Likes

I tried infinite flight at the end of 2018. I wasn’t boob because I already had simulators like Extreme Landings (it is game lol), FSX etc. But I had little fails like I did reverse with 100% thrust. I also used parking brakes when landing.
My first flight ever was on Cessna 208 from TNCM to TFFJ, but I crashed into the mountain right before runway lol.
In 2018 and 2019 I had very much experience with Infinite Flight.

1 Like

I was 1 word, a noob. Takeoff at 200knts. Clime at 250knts. Cruse at 300knts. Mot know how to descent. Always go to EGLL with a Ryanair. I was bad. Now I’m grade 4 and realy good.

2 Likes

I was totally a noob when I first played IF but I don’t remember when. At that time I was looking for a great mobile sim with good looking planes and realisim. I had no idea that there was a Community in wich I can talk to others. And yeah I always tookoff with 100% of thrusth and also landed with high speed. I always wanted to play online with other players and found out that I need to buy it which I didn’t wanted so I tried to get it hacked but didn’t work. And I also didn’t wanted to buy the game so I always played in the hacked version until the global update came out. After that I got bored playing alone so I bought the game and played online for the first time.

3 Likes

I always cruised at max speed and cruise altitude was just a random guess lol.

2 Likes