How to use flaps in the right airspeed (Tutorial)

Maybe some of you that just play Infinite flight for fun don’t know the perfect way on using flaps. But relax, in this guide I will show you guys all on using flaps in the correct airspeed and make you guys the best possible pilot on the game!

Flaps are use when you are in the landing position. Usually when you are about to land you decrease your airspeed so that you can slow down and land as smooth as possible in the runway. While you do that you also must control the gear, spoilers, flaps, heading(AP), altitude(AP), vertical speed(AP) and much more! Today I will show you when to use the right degree in flaps. You will only need to know about airspeed in order to really understand this tutorial.

Flaps is in this order. 1,2,5,10,15,25,30and40 degree (Based on 737-800 aircraft) Each degree needs a correct airspeed in order to have the most realistic flight. This tutorial is really based on what pilot do when they are landing! You can see a small table that I made below. The left indicates the degree of flaps and the right indicates the airspeed needed if you want to retract the flaps.

-This is based on the Boeing 737-800 series (It maybe could be common to other aircrafts)-

Flaps--------------Airspeed
0-------------------250knt ABOVE
1-------------------250knt
2-------------------250knt
5-------------------250knt
10-----------------210knt
15-----------------190knt
25-----------------175knt
30-----------------162knt
40-----------------162knt BELOW

Glossary: Knt: Knot

Thanks for reading. I hope it could be a good tutorial for you guys. If you have question, PM me.

22 Likes

What about on takeoff, i usually use 15 degrees but on a 5 hour flight in real life the pilots used 10 degree flaps but it took like 45 seconds to takeoff

2 Likes

Takeoff flaps setting depends on weight, runway length and runway conditions.
When I fly with the 737 I takeoff with Flpas 5 :no_mouth:

3 Likes

When i takeoff in a 737-800 i load it to 80% and set flaps to 15 and i have to takeoff at 160 knts

2 Likes

@Jonathan_Adrian Good Stuff. Suggest you move this item to Tutorial once it’s run it course in General. Regards, Mad Max Sends

4 Likes

I like to get in and out of the airport quickly so I depart at 15 degrees and arrive at 30 or 40 degrees.

Same applies to the 73G and 739.

Long live the DC-9!

1 Like

@Laurens Don’t forget the air temperature,
The density of the air is important.
Best

1 Like

for me i usual use 5 degrees of flap and rarely 10 degrees but on heavier aircraft…but on landing always full flaps .

3 Likes

True, thank you for reminding me that Enrico :wink:

You may have noticed that at high placed airports and/or with hot temperatures it takes more time to takeoff.

1 Like

@Laurens Exactly,
And in winter time, even in the lowlands, the low air’s temperature increases the density,
Shortening the take off’s run and increasing ramp’s angles
Best

1 Like

Moved to tutorial category

1 Like

On takeoff i usually use 10 degree and then released/extract it after 10 000ft.

2 Likes

Thanks for moving it:)

1 Like

Thank you, i think my post have been moved by one person😅

1 Like

You rotate way to fast ;) that’s the take-off speed of a 777 :p

1 Like

After 10 000ft?! :/ They’re two different kind of take-off procedures (ICAO TYPE A and TYPE B).
A : flaps rectraction at 1000ft AAL.
B: flaps rectaction at 3000ft AAL.

I personally tend to prefer the Type B procedure.

1 Like

Yeah i know, but this is based on a pilot log book…So i think they used this. And actually this is the landing procedure and takeoff is different than this.

1 Like

So, i must retract it after 1000or3000 ft?

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Wow, thats alot! Maybe start reducing to about 10-15 and maybe that could make your flight much realistic!

1 Like