How to survive a plane crash

Hi everyone,

The video you are about to watch was posted on youtube recently by the Infographics Show. This video provides us important safety information on how to survive an (albeit unlikely) plane crash.

While I hope that none us ever need to use this advice, It is my hope that we can remember the contents of this video. Please share any other useful information that you guys may have from you’re own experience.

https://youtu.be/bMIHLLCk4zc

(My apologies in advance if this topic brakes a forum rule)

3 Likes

I already watched this video, it is nice, and informative. I always (almost) enjoy any aviation related video

2 Likes

I was reading the comments on that video and some guy said, and I quote; “boeing planes have a 70% crash rate, but airbus is like 0.0000000%”

I replied to him to tell him that they were the same and the changes were MUCH more rare than 70% and he replied with this; “but boeing planes have like 100 crashes and airbus have 8 or 20”

😂

5 Likes

He either missed the point of the video or didn’t watch it at all 🤦🏽‍♂️

1 Like

he also seemed to forget the fact the Airbus is a whole lot newer then Boeing

3 Likes

and that all his facts were wrong. Boeing with a 70% crash rate!!! 7 out of 10 planes made by boeing crash???

1 Like

I don’t think that’s true

Of course it’s not true. That means after one minute, 8 737 will have crashed and 4 will have taken off successfully, we know that happens. If we replaced 737 with a car or motorbike that’s a bit more believable

1 Like

In infinite flight, a TS1 pilot plane crash is unsurvivable.

2 Likes

Did anyone else see the 737 with three wheels on the back gear?

1 Like

The infographics show don’t know much about aviation

Actually what they said did make sense to me aviation wise. They described what clothes to wear and not to wear, what to do when it crashes, etc.

1 Like

there is actually a way to survive a plane crash? I had always assumed if you fall you will die.

1 Like

Well there is no sure fire way, a lot of it is some luck, and a whole lot of stuff that is way out of control. More or less your strapped in, and to an extent what happens happens, but there are numerous things you can do to increase your chances. Like bracing, some parts of the aircraft, being short, like a kid, etc. but none of them offers you a 100% chance in a crash…

2 Likes

It depends on how you land and where you crash. Depending on the climax (outcome) you have a 1%—99% chance or survival.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.