How to Soothe Someone's Fear of Planes?

One of my best friends is going on a plane trip tomorrow, and she’s terrified of flying… How should I calm her down?

5 Likes

It’s best to explain to him how planes work

6 Likes

Ya. I try lol. It didn’t work… She’s like “what if this thingy fails?” points to engine

1 Like

Thats weird, it’s suppose to make them feel safer…try showing them the safety record of the airline.

That I haven’t done… Thanks! Thankfully sje isnt flying on Malaysia or Ryanair lol.

1 Like

Just tell her how everything is backed up, so if one fail, there is another system to step in.

2 Likes

Hey, I hope this helps…

4 Likes

Yeah, thanks! Will do! May i just say, this community is one of the best on the web. Its such a nice place to visit.

I think you should check out google tbh they have organized answers

1 Like

because it’s 110000-1 to have a catastrophic failure and 70% chance of dieing compared to a car 10000-1 in a car I’m not stepping in that thing again I’m like “mum dad I’m getting a carbon cub bye”

1 Like

Have you told her that she’s more likely to die on the way to the airport than die in the plane? That’s the first thing you should start with :)

4 Likes

Show her TS1 xD

6 Likes

I don’t even want her to go near that 😂. She’ll hate me forever lol.

2 Likes

Ya… She seemed to be a bit more relaxed after that one.

1 Like

Bro remember, no emojis

1 Like

Why? They’re the apple ones.

2 Likes

I know but as the mods said before, the take up unnecessary memory in the forum… There was a post about it a while ago.

1 Like

I don’t believe the apple ones do… Correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

People when are onboard planes, should remain in calm, and think about something else instead of imagining that their flight will be doomed or something.

2 Likes

Car driving is way more dangerous than flying. I saw that at risk factors. The chances of dying in a car accident is 1 out of 224 and aviation accident is 1 out of 5,704. Tell her to roll her window down. She should fear more when on a motorcycle. Trust me, many people have a fear of flying and believe it’s dangerous but actually they are wrong. This is what they always say “Sit back, relax and enjoy your flight”

4 Likes