How to save battery on infinite flight overnight

How can I like have my phone on all night for a flight its because I don’t want my phones battery health going down. any tips? I’m doing a flight from KLAX to Dubai

1 Like

I just keep it plugged in from top of cruise to top of descent.

2 Likes

Like ima land in 14 hrs

Charge your device, turn brightness down, make sure low power mode is enabled in IF settings and turn the time to night.

That helps with overheating?

I’ve found that keeping the screen brightness as low as possible in this way will help with overheating, yes.

1 Like

Also, if you leave the camera view in cockpit then zoom in on the overhead panel, it won’t have to load scenery and will use less battery.

3 Likes

Here are the list of things I do to limit battery usage and thus heat of my device while I fly over night!:
•Set hide interface to 10 sec in the general menu of settings in game
•Toggle hide status bar in the same menu
•Enable Infinite Flight’s lower power mode (do not activate om you phone itself)
•Airplane count to none
•Lower all graphics
•Brightness to lowest possible (on your phone settings)
•Sound off (on you phone settings)
•Go to the “Tail Camera”, point to the sky, and zoom in
•Place my device on a stand of some sort so the back doesn’t rest against a surface allowing better cooling
I hope this helps and you have a successful flight!
(These are also some tips used to reduce the risk of IF crashing, but not all. All of those tips can be found in the relevant support topic)

1 Like

where’s that located?

1 Like

Settings > General > Scroll down and turn it on

1 Like

I believe in setting -> general -> and then close to the bottom. Make sure the box next to it is checked!

Have you found it? @PilotChrisSG

I’m away from my device

1 Like

Ah ok, no worries, let us know if you have any other questions!

Wilco! -PilotCSG

2 Likes

Also it generally doesn’t matter if your phone starts getting hot a little bit when charging, once the battery reaches 100%, the device blocks the charger from charging, guaranteed that when you wake up the next day, your device won’t have any heat at all. That’s how my flights have been.

3 Likes

Just gonna add that using the steps I listed above, my devices are never even warm in the morning when I wake up to land! However, it also depends on which device you have a more powerful ones will probably be a bit cooler as they use less of the overall computing power and are more efficient!

Nice tips @Planey_Mcplaneface !

1 Like

For iPads, I have my brightness and volume turned all the way down. That’s just enough so that my charge to consumption ratio is at a nominal level.

Hello. To help save battery:

• Brightness down
  • Volume down
  • night shift on (IOS ONLY)
  • Go to tail view and aim up to the sky
  • Have no background apps running
  • Have Airdrop off (IOS ONLY)
  • Have Bluetooth off.
  • Graphics off
  • Airplane count to known

Most importantly, plug it in.

I hope this helps!