How to read your profile | Community Tutorial

How to read your Profile

This tutorial will help you learn how to read your profile and what each button there does.

To enter your profile, simple tap the icon with your default picture and then press your name:

20180829_160157

Activity

Activity

First thing you will notice is the activity section:

There, you can find your replies and topics

Sub - categories

Sub - Categories

By clicking on the box which is located on the top right, you can see the sub - categories:

Topics

Topics

In the “Topic” section you can find all your topics you have created so far:

Replies

Replies

When you select “Replies”, you will be able to see each and every reply you have made so far:

Drafts

Drafts

What is a Draft?

Drafts will automatically be saved as you write. If you minimise the editor or navigate to a different topic, the editor might disappear.

While in the “Drafts” section, you can find replies or topics that are still waiting to be edited:

If you select "Remove (1) ", the system will automatically delete the draft

If you select “Resume (2)”, it will guide you straight to that post. Then you would be able to edit that posts.

Likes Given

Likes Given

When selecting the “Likes Given”, you will find every reply you have liked:

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

In the “Bookmark” section you can find the topics or replies you have bookmarked:

If you would like to remove the bookmark, you can remove it by tapping the "Remove Bookmark (1) "

Solved

Solved

In the “Solved” section, you can find your replies that have been marked as solution in the #support category:

Votes

Votes

The “Votes” is the last sub - category. There, you find the features you have vote for:

Summary

Summary

Our next category is called “Summary”. There you can find useful information about your profile, such as stats, top topics, hot links, most liked…:

Stats - Top Replies

Stats and Top Replies

In the “Stats and Top replies” section you can find:

1. How many days you have visited in total

2. Total read time

3. Total recent read time

4. How many topics you have viewed so far

5. How many posts have you read in total

6. How many likes you have given

7. Number of bookmarks (Note: It does not display in public)

8. How many topics you have created in total

9. How many posts you have created so far

10. How many likes received in total

11. You can find the total number of most likes replies

Top topics -Top links

Top topics and Top links

Top topics: You can find the topics which have received the most likes on each and every reply

Top links: There, you can find how many people have entered the post you have linked in a reply: (1)

Most replied to

Most replied to

You can find to whom you have replied the most:

The number shows how many times you have replied to this person

Most liked by

Most liked by

You can find the people that have liked your posts the most:

The number shows how many likes you have received

Most liked

Most liked

There, you can find the users you have liked the most

The number shows how many likes you have given to this person so far

Top categories

Top categories

You can find:

How many topics you have created on each category (1)

How many posts you have created on each category (2)

Notifications

Notifications

Next one is the “Notifications” category. There, you can find if someone has mentioned you (@), the likes you have received, the responses and edits:

Sub - categories

Sub - categories

By clicking on the box which is located on the top right, you can see the sub - categories:

Responses

Responses

In the responses section you can see who has respond to your reply:

You can see who had respond to you (1)

You can see in which topic the person had replied to you (2)

If you want to dismiss the notification, click “Dismiss all (3)

In this section, you can see who has liked your post:

You can see who and how many have liked your post (1)

If you want to dismiss the notification, click "Dismiss all (2) "

Mentions

Mentions

While in the “Mentions” section, you can find who has mention your name in his/her post:

You can see who has mention your name (1)

You can see in which post, you have been mentioned (2)

You can see your name (@) (3)

If you want to dismiss the notification, click “Dismiss all (4)

Edits

Edits

If someone (Regular/Staff/Moderator) makes any changes to your post or replies, this is the section you will find those edited posts. The most common edit you can find from the moderators, when they add staff color to your post:

You can find who has edited your post (1)

If you want to dismiss the notification, click “Dismiss all (2)

Our 4th section is called “Messages”. There you can find each and every message in your inbox, messages you have sent and messages you have archived.

The first section which appears when you enter “Messages” is the “Inbox” category. This is the section where all your discussions, while in a PM, can be found:

When selecting this box (1), you will be able to select messages in order to achieve them. Note: When selecting this box, a “Select all” option will pop up:

20180830_212828

By clicking this, you will be able to select each and every message.

In order to create a new message, you have to select the “New Message (2)” box

Sub - categories

Sub - Categories

20180829_155836

Sent

Sent

You can find every message you have sent to another user so far:

Archive

Archive

Archiving private messages simply moves them to the “archived” tab. As soon as the message gets a reply, it will end up back in the inbox.

Invites

Invites

If you ever want to invite someone to join this community, you can go to the “Invites” section and invite anyone you want:

Pending - Redeemed

Pending - Redeemed

Pending: (1) That means you have already sent an invite and its pending

Redeemed: (2) That means that the user has been successfully made his/her account in the community.

Sent invite: (3) if you want to send an invite, you have to press “Sent invite”

1. You can type the user’s email in that box

2. When done with the email, press “Send Invite”

3. More information about the “Copy Invite Link” button here

In order to attach a custom message to your reply, you have to press the “custom message” option. Then you will be able to create a custom message, that will pop up when the user you have invited opens the email:

Badges

Badges

In the “Badges” section, you can find the badges you have earned so far:

Preferences

Preferences

The last category is called “Preferences” in which you can find useful information’s, such as your email, username, password, profile picture, etc…

First thing you will notice is the account section:

Username: (1) This is where your username is located. In order to change your username (@), you have to PM one of the moderators and they will be happy to change it

Email: (2) This is where your email is located.

Email change: (3) In order to change your email, you have to select the mini pencil icon.

Password: (4) In order to reset your password, you have to select “Send Password Reset Email”. You will be notified for your password change via Email

Two Factor Authentication: (5) Two factor authentication adds exstra security to your account by requiring a one-time token in addition to your password. If you want to add Two factor authentication , you have to select “two factor authentication”
Associated Accounts: (6) In this section, you will be able to add other accounts such as Facebook (7), Google, Yahoo or Twitter

Profile Picture (1) That’s the please where your Profile picture is located. If you want to change your profile picture, simply tap the mini pencil icon

Title (2) The title is the small tag that is located under the username…

Sub - categories

Sub - categories

In the profile section you can add your location, website, callsign , VA, etc… which will pop up, when someone else opens your profile:

About me: (2) In the a “About me” box you can add text, emoji’s and everything you want to describe yourself

Website: (4) You can add a website by coping and pasting the URL

20180831_142049

Callsign: (1) You can add your callsign

Virtual Airline: (2) You can add the Virtual Airline’s name

Note

Everything mentioned above can be found in the main users card:

1. Profile picture

2. Username

3. Tag/Title

4. Location

5. Website

6. About me

7. Callsign

8. Virtual Airline

Short after, you may notice two places that you can add a picture. One of them is your profile background picture, which will display when someone opens your profile and the other one is the background user card, which means that photo will be in the background as long as the other user doesn’t select to see your full profile:

User card background picture (1)

Profile background picture (4)

In order to select a picture, you have to click on the mini picture icon (2)

In order to delete the picture, simply tap on the small carbage icon (3)

The last function someone can notice is the “Date of Birth”:

20180829_155504

(1) You have to select the month

(2) You have to select date

When ready, tap the “Save changes” button.

Emails

Emails

In the “Email” subcategory (1) there are features which you can disable or enable such as:

Include previous replies at the bottom of emails: (2) You will be able to select whether previous replies can be attached to the email or not.

Include an excerpt of replied to post in emails: (3) You will be able to select whether an excerpt of replied in a post can be attached or not.

Send me an email when someone messages me: (4) That means that you will be notified via email when someone messages you

Send me an email when someone quotes me, replies to my post, mentions my username, or invites me to a topic: (5) That means that you will be notified when someone quotes you (“), replies to you, mentions my username (@), or invites me (👉) to a topic

Send me email notification even when I am active on the site: (6) That simply means that you will be notified via email even if you are active here, in the community

Activity Summary: (2) You are able to select whether you will be notified via email when you don’t visit the community. You are also able to select whether emails will be sent (Every day, every two weeks, etc…)

Include content from new users in summary emails: (3) You can select whether new replies from TL0 users can be shown in the summary emails

Mailing list mode: (4) In mailing list mode you will receive one email per post, as happens with traditional mailing lists. This is desirable if you prefer to interact via email, without visiting the forum website. More informations about Mailing list mode here

In order to save everything you may have selected above, press “Save Changes” (5)

Notifications

Notifications

In the Preferences —> Notifications category you will be able to enable/disable community notifications, allow other users to message you, etc…

You are able to select when to consider topics new (2)

You can select after what period of time should the topic change to tracking (3)

You are able to set a topic to watching /tracking /normal when you post in that topic. (4)

You can change the option when to be notified when liked (5)

Enable/Disable Notifications: If you want to be notified via the browser you use, you have to select “Enable Notifications”. If you want to disable them, simply select “Disable Notifications”

In order not to allow other users send you a Private Message (2), you have to unselect “Allow other users to send me personal messages”

If you want to mute a user (3), simply add their user name in the “❎ Muted” box

In order to change what you have selected above, press “Save Changes”

Categories

Categories

Our 5th subcategory is the place where you can set a category to Watching / Tracking / Watching first post / Muted.

Watched: (2) By setting a category to “watching” you will be notified of each and every new post and topic

Tracked: (3) By setting a category to “tracking”, new posts will be automatically appear next to the topic

Watching first post: (4) By setting a category to “watching first post”, you will be notified of the first post in each new topic

20180829_160437

When setting a category to “muted” ,you won’t be notified for anything at all and these categories will not display in latest

In order to save everything you have selected above, press “Save Changes”

Interface

Interface

The last subcategory is called “Interface”. From there, you will be able to select the interface language, default home page, etc…

You can change the interface language (1)

You can either select if your default home page should be Latest, Top or Categories (2)

You are able to select whether you want to open external links in a new tab or not (3)

When someone quotes a part of your reply, the part of the quoted text will be highlighted. (3)

If you wish yo show new / updates topic count on browser icon, you can select the “Show new / updated topic count on browser icon” (5)

In order not to jump to your post after you have replied, select the “Don’t jump to my post after I reply” option

I hope you like this community tutorial. A lot of hard work was put into these topic with main purpose, to educate new and old users. As always:

Let’s keep this a great place to share a love of Infinite Flight and aviation!

Tyler Shelton, November 2017

35 Likes

Thanks for the topic, will be very useful for people new to IFC.

4 Likes

Great tutorial! This will be very useful to new users.

2 Likes

Great tutorial!
Dang, this is dropdown menu-ception.
Must have been a nightmare to format!

3 Likes

Way to go think this will help a ton of people!

2 Likes

Nice thread! Looks like it will help the IFC newcomers a whole lot.

1 Like

Nicely done! Very nice reference.
This will come in handy for new people on this forum.
Great work Thomas 🌷

1 Like

It was a bit difficult to format everything but it looks cool at the end. Thank you and everyone for your kind words!! Hope to help each and every member in the community.

2 Likes

Nice topic as always Thomas👍

1 Like

Γεια σου ρε Θώμα!! Very well made thread and will be helpful especially for new users, well done!

1 Like

Definitely useful for new members, great work👌🏻

1 Like

This is a very good tutorial for new users!

1 Like

Very useful tutorial for those who don’t know about IFC 👍

1 Like

Very useful for anyone here, I find the info here useful, even though I’m not new lol. I’m gonna go back to event planning now 😉

1 Like

This is very useful! This should be pinned.

2 Likes

Yes, this should be pinned. It’s an awesome tutorial! Thanks for creating this awesome tutorial @Thomas_G :)

1 Like

Thank you Thorge again for your kind words! Glad you like it :)

1 Like

Bumping this. Great for new users!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.