How to quickly attract people to your airport?

I am controlling on TS and I need to find some ways for people to come in my airport but how is that possible, it would be nice if you could give some tips.

1 Like

It’s basically impossible unless you control a big hub like JFK or LAX
But always wait for at least 30 mins to get some more traffic

1 Like

In TS, they will always fly to airports like LAX, JFK, LHR, and sometimes DXB. I’ve tried it, and it’s almost impossible to make people come to an airport they don’t recognise. You can try to waitb for some time but most times, it just doesn’t work!

2 Likes

30 mins, thats a lot for me.

2 Likes

Or maybe if you can open an airport near another airport with lot of traffic.

1 Like

That might work, but that way you’ll be kinda promoting local flights, which won’t be a good thing for the controller at the bigger airport!

1 Like

I’ve found that bigger hub airports, and airports with radar frequencies open tend to attract the most traffic.

3 Likes

The best way would be to join IFATC and control the hub airport(s) of the day. Getting a decent amount of traffic in the TS is nearly impossible

2 Likes

Well I guess I can’t join the IFATC for now…

welp best bet is to host an event… have a set time to fly in and out of the airport you plan to control on the set date and time.

1 Like

Atc event?!!??!!

No, a normal event on the training server but you include who is doing atc (you in this case)

1 Like

But I guess it takes time for people to join my event

If you don’t want to control the big hub airport, you can try to open near one of them. I would prefer around an hour of flight time from the hub. So for London you could try Dublin, Paris, Amsterdam. Also don’t forget that pilots will rather fly out or in an airport which has 3D Scenery.

But my ultimate suggestion is the same as what @callaa said: Apply for IFATC. I am sure you will learn a lot about aviation in general, you will get into a very friendly community, and while your training time, you will get the experience you are right now asking for: People to fly into a not featured airport, and those people will actually know what they are doing. Because in your training sessions you will have other IFATC members fly for you, while you control. And of course after you completed your training you can control on the Expert Server. Awesome stuff!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.