A very tough plane for some people to use on IF due to its unique way it is in the game. There has been so many instances where I will be controlling on TS and someone will come to fly and crash on TKO or even on the taxi out. One of those people was me till I found the sweet spot in the controls! I would always be blown away when I would see someone fly there SR22 with success and now you can to using this thread!!
- Takeoff 80 knots go over 90 and the plane veers off the RW with about 30% trim (my personal preference for trim)
- Cruise: pilots choice
- Final: 90-75 knots
- Landing: 75-85knts (flare hard to have easy rudder control to keep in the centerline)
The plane has an extremely sensitive rudder if you turn it to fast and hard you will go flying off the runway.
Once again like what I said above the planes Rudder is extremely sensitive and on landing. To keep centerline of the rw come down till you begin your flare and flare hard not so hard you have a tail strike but hard enough you keep that nose wheel off the ground until it does it it’s self. This allows you to not go flying off the rw with rudder inputs.
Same as above small and easy rudder imputs.
More info about the plane and stats
- Crew: one
- Capacity: four passengers
- Length: 26 ft 0 in (7.92 m)
- Wingspan: 38 ft 4 in (11.68 m)
- Height: 8 ft 11 in (2.72 m)
- Airfoil: Roncz
- Empty weight: 2,269 lb (1,029 kg)
- Gross weight: 3,600 lb (1,633 kg)
- Fuel capacity: 92 US gallons (348 litres)
- Powerplant: 1 × Continental IO-550-N Six cylinder horizontally opposed aircraft engine, 310 hp (230 kW)
- Propellers: 3-bladed
- Cruise speed: 183 kn (211 mph, 339 km/h)
- Stall speed: 60 kn (69 mph, 110 km/h) flaps down
- Range: 1,049 nmi (1,207 mi, 1,943 km) with reserves at 65% power
- Service ceiling: 17,500 ft (5,300 m)
Rate of climb: 1,270 ft/min (6.5 m/s)
Cirrus SR22 - Wikipedia
I hope this has truly help you in you adventure with GA aircraft!!
all of these are based off my my preferences
Any other questions about the plane please ask me here!