How to properly deal with turbulence

Hello evevryone,
I was doing a flight from Washington Dulles to Doha and when over the north atlantic, I experienced the worst turbulence I have ever seen. I don’t know if it was a glitch in the game but it was as if I was using full rudder back left and right and I did not know how to properly deal with it. I was in expert server and didn’t want to get reported. I slowed down my speed to around mach.75 and decereased my altitude from FL350 to FL3200. Did I execute this properly or is there a more professional way to deal with these chaotic flight paths. Thanks

4 Likes

What aircraft were you flying?

did you use the tracks infinite flight provide? or did you just go straight down

tracks as in like the oceanic tracks? No, is that whats causing these strong turbulences

1 Like

Flying over ocean always results in strong turbulences(And no I did not forget Australia)
If you’re on autopilot you do not need to worry about anything. However if you want to be realistic, turn on the seatbelt sign so passengers dont start flying in a flying metallic bird

6 Likes

it could be, these change as the winds change and infinite flight uses real life weather. once there was a tornado in America and I didn’t know and tried flying there and well… it didn’t end well CRASH!!

so the the tracks should help with that even if it adds a few hours.

so you would act as if you were going to France from America and then fly over Europe to Doha

1 Like

You can use Simbrief which will tell you the optimum route to avoid winds (often including the NATs but not always), and can give information about where you can expect signicent weather.
I When in turbulence, turn on the seat belt sign, slow down a few a couple mach points, and consider changing altitude, so what you did here was good.

2 Likes

I will definitely take your advice thanks! One more thing, my HUD camera position said that the knots were 149kts, is this realistic at all? I read on another post that it could be an errr on Infinite flights end and its a bug in the game.

1 Like

probably a bug yeah!

1 Like

Yeah that is possible I think, especially in the jet stream over the Atlantic

too bad Infinite flight doesn’t have an integrated weather planning system(correct me if im wrong). But theres only so much they can do on ios app.

2 Likes

Crazy, might have to start flying the 380 again, cant feel a thing in that monster

2 Likes

There is a feature request for terrain and weather radar which you might like to vote for: Weather and Terrain Radar

2 Likes

Google turbulence forcast and see if you can climb/descent out of it. Be careful not to go too high.

Also, each aircraft has a turbulence penetration speed. M.75 seems too slow. A320 and 737 use .76, A333 use .78, and some larger aircraft like the A350 don’t need to slow down at all.

1 Like

You did the right thing, slowing down and trying to find a new altitude is about all you can do in that situation. Winds over 150 knots are quite common at those altitudes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.