How to properly change frequency when an active controller can not hand you off to another controller

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

11 Likes

Great Tutorial, but don’t you think that 4000fpm is a steep climb?

A great tutorial. Can I just note that on playground server you are sometimes told to change frequency but there are no open frequencies/destination frequencies available.

Alright, thanks!

1 Like

I’m not a good explainer but I’ll give it a go! So say I file a flight plan from KLAX -KSAN. Upon departure climb I am often told ‘frequency change approved, good day’ so I see the list of frequencies available and there is no approach or departure. Only frequencies are Los Angeles tower and a few nearby Unicom frequencies. Who do I contact?

1 Like

Great tutorial!!

1 Like

Good tutorial John, I think he’s saying if he was nowhere close to any airport and there isn’t one showing what should I do?" I think If Dev’s comes up with option on top of all Frequancy which says “standby Frequancy” and greys out once you choose that. That will solve most of the problem. Most problems come from people who don’t use this forum. Admin should take all this tutorials post them on Facebook.

2 Likes