How To Prevent Pictures From Going On Google?

Hello, IFC!

This is a quick topic to ask how to prevent my pictures from being on google.

Essentially this morning, someone stole one of my pictures. I asked them where they got it from and they said “google”.

I then proceeded to search google and to my surprise, google is full of my pictures… and they all come from my spotting topics here. So essentially any pic I post on IFC will end up on google for people to steal.

Just type in “Spotting at KSEA” or “Spotting at KRNT” or something generic like “KSEA spotting” and you will find my pictures all over the images page.

I would like to know how to post my pictures here without getting them up on google images.

That’s it!

Thank you!

Robertine

2 Likes

I don’t believe it’s possible to do so.

It’s the same with any website or app, once you upload that image to the internet in a public space, it’s there for all to see.

I’d strongly recommend adding a watermark to your images of some kind, it might deter people away from using them.

3 Likes

I don’t think you can, i think its something with google though.

1 Like

Thanks! Do you know any good (preferably free) watermark makers?

Thanks!

1 Like

It’s really stupid that this happens but I think a watermark is probably best.

1 Like

Or if you want to the hard way then i suggest suing google

1 Like

Imma file lawsuit for 100,000 delta skymiles 😂

Ok bacc on topicc

1 Like

I do not unfortunately. It might be worth asking some of the people in the #real-world-aviation:spotting category that have their own custom ones.

Or alternatively you could try make your own, and personalise it to your own needs. Something like Photoshop Illustrator, or my personal favourite professional editing app, Microsoft Paint, might do the job.

1 Like

MS paint 2004 🤤

1 Like

i just found mine

1 Like

Yeah they are everywhere :/

1 Like

Well, according to the IFC ToS, images you post here are automatically liscensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) so as long as you post it, anyone can share and modify non-commercially.

1 Like

Now that picture is going on google if you search the title of this topic

1 Like

2b9da99c0297a33b2bfa1d0834fdce5adb16e9f3_2_820x510~2

I made you a super professional looking example, I hope you like it.

Someone should hire me with a portfolio like this…

8 Likes

I love the colors 🤩

1 Like

A watermark.

Watermarks don’t need to be fancy, just place your name/@ on your image.

Tip: post it on somewhere that can’t be healed, I know people who take my photos and heal or essentially erase my watermark, make sure you don’t post it on a clear surface or a croppable area, maybe rather on the aircraft, make it small if you’d like. This is optional of course.

Sorry for the trouble!

2 Likes

OmG CaN i hIrE u?1!1!

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll do that from now on!

1 Like

👍

1 Like

My new official watermark

(This is a joke)

5 Likes