How to prepare for the practical exam

I have made countless topics about ATC and I am sorry but I didn’t know I can search them up but I searched this one up and can’t find a topic about it so I just need tips and tricks on how to pass practical exam it’s very hard to get people everyday to practice with you today was my lucky day because my recruiter got me some people to come.

8 Likes

Review the tutorials, read the manual, take notes, practice and practice, and yeah that’s the best way to prepare!
Good luck!

6 Likes

In my opinion, it’s all about the thought processes and strategies. I know when I only had a tracking thread and about 1-2 people would come each time, I realized that, at least for me, it’s best to think logically about how things will go and prepare mentally. Yes, having pilots fly for you will definitely help, but I’ve made a few topics that might help you prepare without even needing to open a frequency! Check them below. ;)

10 Likes

Watch the perfect atc test tutorial, keep up on your tracking thread, review the atc manual are things that helped me !

5 Likes

Treat it like another controlling session do not let the “test” aspect of it get to you because for some users they got stressed and then boop. Just be calm, and hey if your trainer cleared you for your test I think that means your well prepared so just keep doin your thing man. The stuff above will help but do what you think would help you most :).

8 Likes

I read your topics!

6 Likes

Awesome, I gave some pretty helpful hints in there, glad you made use of my resources! Of course, there is also the rest of the manual and all of the official documentation, so here’s that:

At the end of the day, everyone learns and prepares differently, but hopefully I’ve provided you with enough information to help you succeed. Keep at it, and never lose that dedication!

3 Likes

There are no tricks i would say to pass practical test. Its all on your basics. I would suggest you to first read the complete ifatc manual. It will give you basic knowledge. Then go for the video tutorials. They really benifit you. Also try to watch out the Perfect Test Tutorial. It will show you all the test situations. As a Ground/Tower controller, we make sure to avoid all the conflicts on ground using Give-way and hold position commands. Sequencing and clearance is another thing we are proactive at. Don’t hesitate to give Go-Arounds if the aircraft landed has not vacated the runway in time. Maintain the Arrival/Arrival, Arrival/Departure, Departure/Departure sequence. Even experienced controllers make mistakes but to correct them in time, That’s the DEAL. Good Luck.

5 Likes

Thank you everybody for the good luck!

3 Likes

Practice is the key. I got my one soon. Used to be IFATC but was removed due to Inactivity

4 Likes

Watch those tutorials and try and replicate the correct procedures over and over until its second nature

4 Likes

Don’t practice at airports with features you don’t need on the exam, like parallel runways, more than two runways, odd procedures, etc. Use the list of good tracking airports and practice on them until you’re sick of the sight of their towers 😀

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.