How to plan a flight in two minutes like a pro: Instructional video

An instructional video i made on how to plan any flight on simbrief.com. Now never run out of fuel on Infinite Flight. Do it professionally.
https://youtu.be/7EV8Q65Zgh0

2 Likes

wouldn’t it be easier to use FPLtoIF.com, that was made especially for IF and saves a lot of time

6 Likes

Where is my foreflight gang at

3 Likes

i agree FPLTOIF is wayyyy easier

2 Likes

You can get more accurate numbers with simbrief, especially due to the fact that you can change the fuel factor as well as make custom models for each aircraft.

6 Likes

I personally like simbrief. Been using it for at least 5 years now so i like it. I found a lot of pilots are clueless about flight planning and fuel calculations so i came up with this video. Actually I’d never checked out fpltoif until you replied.

2 Likes

Ye, I use simbrief aswell, but some people may prefer FPLtoIF as it is much simpler, but the video explains simbrief well.

1 Like

FYI You don’t want to do preflight as quickly as possible. You are more likely to make mistakes. It is better to be thorough.

1 Like

Correct. But i felt many of the pilots i saw on IF didn’t have a clue about flight planning so i made this as a sort of Quick Start Guide for them. I been using MSFS since 2009 so i have more than a fair idea and so wanted to help someone out.

2 Likes

I personally use both. I like to use the Simbrief option rather than the automatic option. This lets me preview the flight plan in Simbrief and let’s me also choose a specific/unique flight plan (The longer the flight time or more unique the route while maintaining proper flight parameters such as departure and arrival times, the better!)

I only fly scheduled passenger services, so Simbrief also helps me decide viable commercial routes that are unique and maximize the flight time, again, while maintaining flight parameters such as departure and arrival times (± 15 minutes, same as Flightradar24)

3 Likes

Where is my spending money at? 😂

1 Like

We’re birds of the same feather. I too perform only scheduled airline flights with the same aircraft performing the flight on the day even right down to the correct engine variant. That was possible in MSFS. I leave from the airport i arrived on last flight. So it’s a bit difficult to find a flight to do considering the timings here in India. But hey anything for realism.

2 Likes

Has Simbrief and fpltoif combined
2 Likes

fpltoif.com uses simbrief’s software to generate FPLs. It’s just that fpltoif.com shows a much more simplified view of it.

2 Likes

But is FPLtoIF not the same as Simbrief?

1 Like

Is there really such a thing as “making a flight plan really fast” haha that’s a bit worrisome.

1 Like

Considering the fact that there’s a large majority who have no clue about fuel planning and flight plans and approach plates and intersections, two minutes is good enough as a start for those who wish to learn.

Sure. I’d just show them how to find airport ICAO’s and teach them how to use fpltoif.com like most pilots. All the info is spelled out on there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.