how to make a soft landing?

hello community since I started playing IF I can not do a smooth landing

how to land softly? ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

2 Likes

Check Swiss 001s video out

5 Likes

Landing takes quite a bit of practice. The first step is to make sure you have the right speed and flap settings for the aircraft and itโ€™s weight - this type of information can be found via google or some of the #tutorials. Then you can start working on your flaring: Flare Angles

2 Likes

Hey there! As said previously by a couple of members, it takes practice and youโ€™ll get there in the end. First you can do it the automatic way (APPR) or the Manual way. I recommend manually landing the plane. You really need to make the plane hover the runway a bit until you softly bring the speed down to land the plane. Now you can do it the Automatic Way where youโ€™re just going to deal with the VS while the planesโ€™ heading is straight on the runway. Just play a bit with the VS and the speed. Determination pays off so youโ€™ll get there after practice! There are also many tutorials that I recommend you to look!

Best regards,
Luke.

Often how I work on my landings is use the G force telemetry thing
In real life 2.1Gs is the maximum most aircraft landing gear can handle

1 Like

That translates to about -800fpm btw

1 Like

I found this very helpful.

1 Like

You should flare the aircraft at between 10-30 feet depending on the type of aircraft you are flying. To do that raise the nose slightly. This will slow your decent rate from say -700 fpm to around -220 or less which is what I am for.

I feel like this is also one of these things whare you can have all the right conditions, settings, altitude, speed, whatever. And slam your butt on the runway because you donโ€™t have a lot of experience. It needs to be something you acquire over many landings. So while the video may help, and I would definitely watch that stuff, the only way to consistently butter is to do hundreds of landingsโ€ฆ ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Thank you all for your answers

Reverse thrust must come off at 60 knots and thats when you use manual braking!

Typically though manual is used under 100 knots

I do believe most pilots use it at 50kts to reduce wear, basically once engine braking is complete.

Lots of different resources you should utilize. rather than asking us. A simple Google will have provided most of the answers listed here, more than likely in higher detail too. :)

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.