How to land with boeing 757

Everytime I come in to land with the boeing 757 and I turn off autpilot to land, the speed jumps from 130 and steadily rises to 200 or more even when my throttle is at 0%. This leads to my plane crashing Is there any ways I can stop this from happening?

What’s your vertical speed, flap setting and spoiler settling on final?

The 757 is a old model with outdated physics, from what I heard

2 Likes

I fly it perfectly though. No aircraft in the game is hard to land in my opinion. (Except the Decathlon and Spit.)

1 Like

My vertical speed when I turn of autopilot is -2000 feet and spoilers are armed and flaps are at 20 or 30

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Well, maybe that’s for me

I no longer fly that much

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

That’s your problem. Try to stay above -1500 FPM when on final.

Oh ok Thx for the help

Even 1500ft/min is very high for a final, the glideslope should be around -750ft/min

1 Like

I know. But if you go more than -1500ft/min, then you start gaining speed.

1 Like

If you’re decending -2000ft/m, I bet you coming way too high approaching the airport. Doing -2000ft/m on final, thats a pretty nose dive landing. I’d never had problems landing the 757. The V/S for final is around -800ft/m.

intercept the slope indicator (the vertical bar) at 140 KTS, set full flaps, spoilers armed, gear down. set the descent rate at -750. Before disconnecting the autopilot always calibrate your device. Maintain approach angle steady . Good luck!🙂

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.