How to land the spitfire

After playing around with the spitfire on solo mode, I finally figured out how to land the spitfire. My way could be wrong and @Maxmustang would probably tell me that it is but anyway here’s the list.

Step one: get lined up with the runway at the appropriate height.
Step two: put gear and flaps at around 100kts (depends on wind).
Step three: land at around 85kts, make sure you keep the tailwheel up and keep the plane straight on the center of the landing strip using the rudder.
Step four: put brakes on after a couple seconds after touchdown.
Step five: after you get around 50kts, release brakes. This is the most important part because if you don’t, the plane will flip on its back.
Step six: you can turn on your brakes after the tailwheel touches down and is rolling on the landing strip.

Also, the plane will want to go whichever way the wind blows from so never ever slam the rudder one way just softly, gently touch the rudder to correct this. Before you go and try to land at LA and get laughed at, go to Edwards on solo mode and test there. Once you get a hang of it, go show off your skills in live.

Hope this helped!

7 Likes

Could you do a video ?please

2 Likes

I can’t because I have an iPhone but I would of if I could.

Ok thanks anyway :)

1 Like

I will try to do a video on it with the instructions. It will be an external camera so awful quality, but still

1 Like

Thanks! (Filler)

1 Like

Expect a video sometime within 6-12 hrs
Sorry for the long time, it is early morning over here.

1 Like

Sure, I don’t care as long as it’s on here.

Roger that.

1 Like

Planning on doing it earlier, expect it within an hour. Just a question, is there a requested camera view? I was thinking of just using normal, but does anybody want tail, or bottom, or HUD?

1 Like

I think you should do it on solo mode and land in HUD the go to replay mode after you stop and show the exterior views.

1 Like

I’ll do that. Thanks for the instructions.

1 Like

Almost within the time limit. Here they are. Oh and sorry, I don’t have a normal external view, because that video got compressed and didn’t open anymore. I had a few other views so I chose tail view instead. I might upload the external camera video tomorrow. Also, please don’t judge me because the landing wasn’t perfect. I think it is a really hard plane to land. Anyway, the links are down below. It was a landing at EHAM Amsterdam-Schiphol Airport on Runway 18C. No wind, no turbulence, full visibility, 15 degrees Celsius. Terrain quality low, airplane quality very high, water quality low, AA off, screen resolution medium. Have fun!

2 Likes

Also, turn the volume up. Sound is very, very low.

That was a good video!

1 Like

Thx and sorry for the late response!

1 Like

Here’s a short video showcasing a spitfire pattern. I’ll admit it - the landing was awful.

4 Likes

Great job on the full pattern. That was probably more helpful than just a landing. I do not think the landing is awful at all, however. You are aligned better. And I never landed the spitfire without bouncing.

2 Likes

Here is one I did a week ago. I had to do an S approach because I was coming in to fast.

2 Likes

So you actually don’t have to keep your tail of the ground? Are you following a real procedure?

1 Like