How to land perfectly?

It tells you what where you should be horizontally and vertically, flaps should be at full for most aircraft during landing and try not to flare more than 4 degrees

I use AP for landing and serves just fine once you get to know your planes tips and tricks.

Try YT. YT has great tutorials

1 Like

Once I perfect it, I’ll be making one for IFU

I suggest looking around on the forums and even YouTube for tutorials; you can even find regular flights filmed on YouTube and watch them carefully as they takeoff, maintain cruise, descend, and land and then you can fly the same route as them and put your newly learnt skills into practice, or fly as you watch! With enough practice and the right technique it’ll become second nature, and you’ll get a good landing almost every time.

1 Like

How could you not land after playing IF for many years, I mean I can land manually after a few weeks

I personally with come in on the approach at 145kts and when I come around 200ft disengage the autopilot and at around 30ft-20ft I’ll reduce the throttles and start to flare and you’ll land smooth as a stone skimming water :) check out my YouTube channel may help you as I give commentary on all my flights through procedures :) https://m.youtube.com/my_videos

5 Likes

I can land, just not on the take-off and land loop perfectly. I often stall, but save myself and continue. I just want to know how not to stall all the time

1 Like

Increase thrust or push your plane’s nose down.

1 Like

Takes away the fun though ;)

Why? Isn’t that proper?

This works on a lot of models, C17 is sketchy though…

It’s very slow to responding plus no cockpit view so I don’t fly it lol

Woah, not so fast cowboy, landing at 150 kts should be good enough.

1 Like

Learn how to fly all aircraft in a slow flight configuration. After an approach you transition into slow flight in which you begin to raise the nose slightly higher than the horizon aka Flare ( 50 to 100 feet off the runway ). This is to make the main wheels come into contact with the runway first! How many times have you seen an aircraft land nose first!? Landing speed between 145 to 165KIAS would be an average slow flight speed in a commercial jet aircraft. maintain directional control with your rudder on the runway and maintain the aircraft as close as possible to the centerline of the runway! Should you doubt the approach, GO AROUND! Too many Pilots have died in real life because they have forced a landing! Dont be that Pilot!

Safe Landings!

John Gerard Killeen
Student Pilot ~Sligo Aeronautiacal Club

1 Like

This should help you out! Chek out the tutorials section! You never know what you might find!

2 Likes

Isn’t it boring to land a plane with AP or APPR?
I don’t know I’m just saying

I very rarely use APPR as it doesnt line me up with center. At worse in a crosswind.

AP in general is nice so don’t land on one wheel set while flaring.

A lot of your landing had to do with your descent into pattern altitude. You want a good 3 degree descent to about 3000 ft MSL. In order to accomplish this multiply your cruising altitude by 3, then divide by 1,000, for instance: (30,000ft X 3= 90,000 / 1,000= 90) that “90” is the distance from destination in which you should begin your descent to your pattern altitude. I usually give a 10 NM grace-distance to allow wiggle room. Now as for your rate of descent, when you begin your descent you should descend at -1200 to -1600 V/S (I usually do -1400). As for speed, when you begin your descent from 30,000 feet let’s say, your autopilot auto throttle setting will be configured in Mach, now if you don’t understand Mach speeds you can search that up as well but basically your Mach speed increases with altitude and Gravity has less and less effect on your aircraft not to mention the air is significantly thinner and colder this your engines are more efficient. Anyway, as you descend your Mach speed will be converted back into Knots as you pass 28,000 feet on your way down. In order to get a head start on your speed reduction, reduce your Mach speed to about 0.65 when you begin your descent. That way your speed will be much more controllable as you enter speed restricted altitudes below 10,000 MSL. Lastly, as you enter final approach decrease speed using autopilot to 145-170 Knots (depending on the aircraft) and gradually apply flaps. At this point you should be able to stick your landing using VFR tactics if they are possible so turn off autopilot and easily make adjustments to stay on course in terms of your heading and speed all the way down to the Tarmac. If you follow these steps you should be able to theoretically land the aircraft without any issues. Hope this helps.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.