How to Keep my New Device in Peak Condition?

Before, I start I think this belongs in #general, but feel free to change it.

Hello IFC,

Last week, I purchases a 2020 iPad 8th Generation, and here is my question to you: How do I keep this new iPad running IF at its peak performance? Is it bad to be running it on high settings all the time or does that damage its future performance?

As I said, I purchased this last week and plan to use it almost solely for IF. Thanks for reading!

11 Likes

Here’s what I do:

• Keep all settings at high until cruise

• once in cruise, I point the camera view to overhead panel, reduce all settings to low and turn on frame rate limiter

• I also set the screen brightness to lowest.

• once, I’m about to reach the TOD, I once again set all graphics to High and turn off frame rate limit.

• and the normal screen brightness

19 Likes

I recommend set all graphics to low and enable automatic low power if you are flying long haul. For short haul it doesn’t matter as much.
I recently got a new device (iphone11) as well and this is what I do.

3 Likes

I play in the best conditions for takeoff/landing. All conditions are lowered to the lowest during cruising

3 Likes

Thanks for the helpful tips, I’ll keep them in mind. On long hauls, how does the overhead panel affect pixel burn, if at all?

3 Likes

No problem 😉. Make sure to turn low power mode in Infinite flight settings as well.

2 Likes

Thank you @FlightGT @BAK_UOV

3 Likes

Will do. Thanks

2 Likes

No problem and happy flying!

1 Like

Enjoy your flight

1 Like

Just wondering does anyone have any information on pixel burn on these devices during long hauls?

1 Like

i have a quick question for IOS Expert. when i set the brightness to the lowest. they always automatically increase the brightness. any idea?

2 Likes

I have encountered this as well. You can disable this in the device’s settings.

1 Like

Just a few tips I have:

1. Make sure your settings and brightness go all the way down at cruise. While it’s not going to make your device explode I’d you don’t do it, it can preserve battery health.

2. If you’re leaving the flight alone throughout the day, make sure it isn’t in direct sunlight. The device can start to get really hot

3. Finally, if you start encountering issues with your device getting really hot. I would just direct a fan near the device. This can help cool it down.

3 Likes

where exactly is that?

Do the following:

Settings —> General —> Accessibility —> Auto-Brightness —> Toggle Off

1 Like

Thank you Sasha. Great tips.

1 Like

i do the same thing haha

1 Like

If your screen is IPS, usually it doesnt matter, if your screen is amoled, change the camera view to the scenic view to avoid burn in’s

2 Likes

i can’t find it

nvm, siri helped me out😃.

1 Like