How to have the level of confidence?

IFVARB asks us for a level of trust. How can we have it on the infinite flight community?

2 Likes

Hello!

To apply for a VA, you must be Trust Level 2. The requirements are undisclosed but the general formula is to keep reading, liking, posting, and following guidelines and you’ll get there quick!

6 Likes

Thank you for your message. Last question on this subject. How long can this last?

As in how long it takes for TL2?

It all depends on how active you are and how much you contribute.

1 Like

If I’m there every day and post messages and like comments. How long do you think?

2 Likes

Possibly a couple of weeks maybe months and possibly years

1 Like

Again, no real estimates.

2 Likes

What I meant is you can becoming a higher TL randomly

Not entirely. Sometimes TL changes can be changed manually. please don’t take that as an opportunity to pester the mods

2 Likes

Oh well thanks

1 Like

If I resume I must be very active and after a while I will have it.

I really do not appreciate that intransparent system.
It encourages people to post more (unneccessary) posts and topics and like posts randomly trying to fulfill an unknown algorithm.
I even don’t know if it expects you to visit the forum for some consecutive days.
As i have to work some time and my life does not only take place in this forum (which i honestly like and appreciate very much), i might not be able to gather a rank at any time, because i am not here every day.
Personally, i would love to contribute to the Features-Section in a productive way, not only suggesting another livery.
If i can not gather a forum rank in a reasonable amount of time, i might lose the motivation to use this forum in a while. Any kind of hint how the algorithm works would be highly appreciated.

Pilots must know how their aircraft works!

3 Likes

What level of confidence should we have?

I agree with you.

You don’t really need to be in every day. 🤷‍♂️ They don’t disclose it for a reason and that is to prevent TL farming. Those who become TL2 tend to stay as such.

Disclosing the algorithm for different trust levels on the forum will promote even more of this. If a user can see that they need two posts to achieve a certain rank, for example, it is likely that the two posts that the user will post will be, to quote you, “unnecessary”. The reason for not disclosing the requirements for different trust levels is to encourage users to participate and “not worry” about their trust level and more about the quality of their contributions to the forum, and let the system do the rest. I can assure you that if you positively contribute to the forum over a span of a certain time (doesn’t mean post daily!), you will achieve the trust level that you want. Discourse (the software powering this forum) is good at recognising people who post quality posts over a lot of low-quality posts.

2 Likes

TL:DR, Its to ensure that those who get a certain TL actually deserves it. Well said @Maxim.

1 Like

What level of confidence should we have?

Thank You very much for the answer.

(doesn’t mean post daily!)

See, this is one ascpect of the information that i was searching for.

1 Like

Like said above, it’s TL2.