How to get people to join an event

Here are my tips. Hope this helps!

Event Tips
  • Always make your event at least 2-3 weeks before your planned time, to get time for people to sign up.

• Make your event have an interesting title, and a unique and creative format which draws in other users.

• Remember, not everyone on this community lives in the same time zone as you. Make sure to host your event at a suitable time for all.

• There are a lot of different types of events. One is an event with an established route. What this means is that everyone attending the event will (most likely) fly the same airplane as well as the same route. Another kind of event is a flyout. This type is my personal favorite, and usually the most people attend these. Flyouts are event with no established routes. Instead, everyone will gather at one airport and fly to different destinations around the world.

I really hope this helps. I’ve linked below my most popular and successful event. If you’d like, take a look and observe what the format is like. If you want to use it, don’t hesistate to do so.

(CLOSED) Let’s Make LaGuardia Great! | A Huge Airport Flyout @ KLGA - 301900ZDEC18

1 Like

I would like to add something too. There are many events posted daily in the #live:events category. I would suggest to browse through it and if you like one (how it’s been made, the design, etc…), PM the OP and ask for help. I am sure that there are many helpful members out there who will be happy to assist you and create an event together.

Back when i was with a V/O I would make events that sorta stood out. I also learned that people don’t want to be alone and first. I would even ask some of your friends/forum mates to sign up at attract attention. I’ve found that tactic to work as the person feels better. Also use nice, structured lists and graphics so you seem you know what to do. Keep in mind i am not a psychiatrist but I hope they work.

1 Like

Do you mean asking VAs to sponsor your event and stuff like that?

VA sponsors don’t tend to work that well from a new event coordinator… I mean that you should join VAs and make connections with people through there.

Just say everyone gets a free cookie
Because everyone likes cookies

Here is my format:
Promo image of something related to your airport
Introduction
VAs/VOs sponsoring
Any previous topics related to the event
Basic event info
Airport info (I do this via links, make sure to give credit if you do so)
Terminal map
Gates
Flight tracker websites for additional routes
Credits
Also, host your event at least 2 weeks in advance.
Post a poll with things like airports, dates, and times to see how people want the event to be.
Add some unique things in your event to get people to join.
For more info about my format, see my KDCA Flyout.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.