How to get people to join an event

So last night my first event went live and when it started no one was there. The post for the event had been up all day. People didn’t even have to say the gate number and all that. Could someone help me out?

1 Like

Make a event and see if they like it.

oh like have the post up all week

Also do it a month to 3 months in advance

1 Like

oh yeah and then post like every day hey this event is going to happen soon don’t be late. Makes sense.

1 Like

Well, first of all you were hosting a “group flight” which is different from an event. You’re basically saying “hey, I’m flying in 1-3 hours from now. Come join if you want.” An event can take place any time in the future, which allows for more people to trickle in over time.

6 Likes

3 months is a bit much since some people have no idea if they’ll be available, and end up canceling

4 Likes

Don’t do that or your just annoying. Announce it 1 week, 3 days, and 1 day from the event

1 Like

yeah but ill make it better event in a little bit i hope u guys join.

Ok, but I’ve been part of event 2 months and 3 month away.

but wait i can only make group flights

One good recommendation is to make sure you have a good format to explain your event(s). Also try posting(or bumping) every few hours to put your event on the top of “latest” so people can see your event and maybe join.

1 Like

alright thanks very much u two

1 Like

You are still a basic user (TL1) so you can’t post in the #live:events category. Once you reach TL2 (Member) you will be more than allowed to post there.

6 Likes

group flight are different. for those, not many people will sign up and you might fly alone

1 Like

You can ask @VAnuj to use his format, it’s pretty attractive. You can also post the event at least a month to 3 months in advance

1 Like

this is really helpful I’m going to make an event right now

1 Like

Basically what I do us give a little info on the airport where it will be at and then put gate assignments. Those are more popular in my opinion because people dont have to think of routes they just have to choose a route but can choose their own if they want. Here is my event, you’re more than welcome to use my format or something similar to it:

Once you obtain TL2, the best thing to do is make connections. With connections, not only in VAs/VOs; people will recognize you more and will more likely attend your events. With groupflights, it’s a hit or miss on attendance

1 Like

Make the post a bit in advance. Don’t always expect people to show up to events. But of course, what do I know since I’ve never actually hosted an event. Heads up, there’s one coming shortly! :)