How to get certain shots in replay mode

I often see photos like this masterpiece from @pierotti.paolo below:

I can never figure out how to move the camera to get a shot like this. I’ve tried using the free camera but I can’t move the location of the camera. Am I missing something? Is there a tutorial on how to do this? How do you get shots like this? Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Experience my friend. Experience.

Many failed pics, try and fail, repeat. And then…suddenly you see it; the master shot.

3 Likes

What is that supposed to mean?

1 Like

I can’t figure out how to move the camera position

Check out this tutorial:

4 Likes

Ah thank you so much!

1 Like

I suspect here the trick is to (1) pause the replay, (2) go to free cam mode and ‘fly’ around the ‘still’ aircraft, then (3) shoot from all angles, and (4) edit the picture until it looks perfect.

3 Likes

@snoman I used the method described by @azeeuwnl. I pause the replay when I find a spot I find interesting and then use the free camera to get the shot I have in mind. I think is good to use quite a long focal length because I like the compression effect you can get.

I have an Instagram account for pictures for Infinite Flight. What I do is I go into life replay and pause the replay to where I want it and go into free cam and zoom in to make everything in the background like other planes look closer and use the built in photo button for 4K. It takes time but once you get the hang of it, it’ll be a nonstop addiction of getting great pictures!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.