How to fly the A220 Tutorial

Great tutorial Tyler! Thanks for sharing. Seems like a fun aircraft to fly. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is the right place to ask, but what do you guys use to make a flight plan when flying the a220?

I have always used simbrief, but when I selecting a220-300 on aircraft type I always gets weird results such as cruising altitude FL290, 120 passengers and 0 cargo.

This have really bugged me because it’s not realistic

1 Like

You can manually set the PAX number and cargo yourself in the “Optional Entries” section of the dispatch section in simbrief. If you leave them blank, simbrief will generate them automatically for you. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Hello, mate! I know that already, but thank you for your help, I appreciate it :) but let’s say that I put 135 passengers on, how many kg cargo could that be?

1 Like

If I choose the cargo to be on auto, I’ll get around 300kg of cargo and passengers around 130, is that unrealistic?

1 Like

300kg for the cargo sounds too little, typically I would put no more than 3,000kgs in the cargo hold for the likes of the B737, A220 and the A320 but I may add a little extra to add up to the ZFW that Simbrief gives me. For long haul flights on the heavy metal I would have anywhere between 10-15,000 kgs of cargo but again can vary :) That’s my way of doing it but it’s up to you

As for the 130 passengers that’s realistic enough for the A220 but if you want to be more realistic during COVID times you can knock a few off that number to about 100 generally speaking.

1 Like

Exactly that I thought, 300kg sounds to little, but that is what simbrief gave me. Can I ask you what you use when you are planning a flight?

1 Like

This is the first time for me I have issue with simbrief, all other aircraft gives me realistic cargo and passengers numbers while a220 gives me like 0 cargo and 130 passengers. Even the altitude I get is wrong. For simbrief it’s seems like the only altitude the a220 fly’s on is FL290

1 Like

I use Simbrief, FR24 and a website called EDI-GLA (About Us | EDI-GLA Real World Flightplan Database | Since 2005) which is a real world flight plan database of RW FPLs . Pop me a PM if you have anymore questions, just about to head away to bed so I will respond in the morning 👍

1 Like

I’ll send you a pm tomorrow, thank you for your help:)

1 Like

Helps thanks

2 Likes

After talking to the simbrief guys, they have finally fixed the bug so now we are no longer getting only FL280 or FL290 on the altitude

4 Likes

Good. That was always really irritating.

1 Like

I also asked them if they could add the capacity of 160 and they did, before it was 140

1 Like

Very Useful

1 Like

Great tutorial, thank you.

2 Likes

Oh, there is a bit difficult…😅😅😅

1 Like

Very noice

I just flew it for the first time a few days ago and it flies like a 737 or A320.

2 Likes