How To Execute A Go Around

Hey everyone!

Have you ever wondered what a Go Around is or what it is used for? Have you seen someone takeoff and then announce a Go Around, but then see someone on approach announcea a Go Around as well? There seems to be some confusion as to what a Go Around is and how to use it properly. Well, in this week’s tutorial, I cover all of that, as well as demonstrate how to properly (and safely) perform a Go Around.

Hopefully this tutorial will answer any questions that you may have about this maneuver. If not, please post any comments or questions relevant to this tutorial below. Also, feel free to post any tutorial requests.

Happy and Safe Landings!

Skyhawk Heavy
FDS Pilot Community Manager

67 Likes

Great tutorial mate, hopefully people will learn from it

3 Likes

Thanks for this tutorial! It will certainly help others execute go arounds properly!

3 Likes

What is the difference between Go Around and excuting missed approach

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

I think it is only when they are really clise to the runway, than you need a lot off power.
@AmericanAirlines

3 Likes

Zaid, before you ask a question, watch the video and listen to the video where your question is already answered. Thanks.

4 Likes

I stated 92-96% N1 but there are some manuals that will advise 100% N1, especially in GA aircraft. As you can see in the video, 92% was plenty of power to begin my climb.

8 Likes

I wonder what the little vertical bar inside the trim button is for…

5 Likes

Thanks for the nice tutorial Mark!

2 Likes

Another one of my tutorial requests! Thanks Mark! :D

2 Likes

Great tutorial Mark 👌👍

2 Likes

This has been needed for a long, long time!

2 Likes

Can I ask you you a question, I don’t know what planes you used to fly, but I have always been told (and seems to work in practice) that landing thrust and speed should be set upon beginning final (in calm conditions) and adjusted very very gently and very minutely, obviously we know that a tiny amount of thrust results in a large amount of pitch, I was always told to adjust attitude not throttle, yet I see you working the throttle a significant amount even less than 5 miles out?

1 Like

I’m actually agreeing with this…

1 Like

Question is will the PG Nimrods call a go around in KNUC International Airport. And yes that was not a typo.

is a go around not touching down badly then gear up like a take off please clear this up

it varies on the situation.

Your wheels could touch the ground if you where coming In too fast and wouldn’t be able to stop before the end of the runway. You could call a go around and go around the pattern once again.

Or you could be 2 miles away and a plane can’t take off for whatever reason and air traffic tells you to go around.

Please make your question abit more clearer to understand though.

Thanks it annoys me when people say after takeoff go around as they think it means they are going around to land, I wish there was a message system to tell them 😂

1 Like