How to do a turn and burn takeoff?

I keep seeing videos where planes taking off doing a turn and burn while entering the runway, and I really want to do some. Can someone help me with the speeds on when entering the runway this way I don’t taxi too wide and miss the center line, and how to do a proper turn and burn takeoff. Thank you!

3 Likes

Hey, you can enter de runway at 7-11 kts Ground Speed. In order to not miss the center line I reccomend that you taxi into the runway from the outside view, and therefore you have a better perspective wether if u need to add more turning input or reduce the turning input.

2 Likes

You dont need to fall perfectly into the center line, you can correct the presicion in the centerline during the take off roll; obviously ur no going to put ur throttle up to 80% and be way too much to the right or left, just try ur best, and if ur a little bit to the left or right just correct it during the takeoff roll.

2 Likes

For taxiways perpendicular or at an acute angle (90°+) to the runway, enter at or less than 10 knots GS. For taxiways less than 90° you could comfortably enter the runway at a speed up to 15 knots GS. Use an exterior or nose view to ensure you line up with the runway.

Once lined up, increase throttle to 45% N1, then increase throttle to whatever’s required after a couple seconds. This is done IRL to ensure there isn’t any asymmetrical thrust.

3 Likes

Thank you very much everyone, greatly appreciated!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.