How to do a pattern properly at Beijing Xijiao Airport (ZBBB)

How to do a pattern properly at Beijing Xijiao Airport (ZBBB)

Hi everyone!

Today we are talking about how to properly do a pattern at Beijing Xijiao Airport. Because of the TFR in Beijing City, doing a pattern is different. Thats why i'm writing this tutorial.

Introduction

Beijing Xijiao Airport ICAO: ZBBB is a military airport in Beijing, China. It was also used by charter flights. It is located in Haidian District, 19.75 miles (31.78 km) from Beijing Capital International Airport and about 8 miles (13 km) from the city centre. It has one runway numbered 18/36.

The airport belongs to the 34th Division of the Air Force of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army. Sometimes it is also used for other military purposes.

How to do a pattern at Beijing Xijiao Airport?

It’s pretty easy to do a pattern at ZBBB, I’ll devide it in two parts.

Part 1 Departing Runway 18

1. Takeoff from ZBBB and reach the pattern altitude.

2. Then, Turn left heading 330, maintain 1500ft for about 30 seconds.

3. Turn RIGHT heading 02, decend altidude for landing at Runway 18.

4. Land or Touch&Go by your choise!

Part 2 Departing Runway 36

1. Takeoff from ZBBB and reach the pattern altitude.

2. Then, Turn right heading 240, maintain 1500ft for about 30 seconds.

3. Turn LEFT heading 182, decend altidude for landing at Runway 36.

4. Land or Touch&Go by your choise!

And that’s all, if you have any questions, please ask below, have a nice flight at ZBBB!😉

Credits

Project Makers @Piggywu @CrisYe

11 Likes

hehe first

Great tutorial

Very detailed!

2 Likes

My tutorial is finally here, thanks Cris!

I wanted to post this tutorial myself but my TL is only 1 lol😂

1 Like

It’s my pleasure to help you haha 😂

Nice tutorial, @CrisYe and @Piggywu! I’ll have to try this out myself; it definitely seems like a very interesting pattern to fly (getting memories from the NZQN figure 8 pattern).

Just one quick comment: you have two Part 1s. I reckon the second one is for runway 18?

1 Like

Whoops, sorry. The second one is part 2 lol🤣

Great tutorial @CrisYe @Piggywu. You should release this yesterday btw! Hahaha anyway thanks again ;)

2 Likes

Yee 😆 We made it yesterday lol 😂 Anyway, we released it

1 Like

Nice tutorial! Gonna try it later :)

2 Likes

This is very interesting @CrisYe 2 days ago when this was featured, I recreated a 34th Division of the Air Force of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army flight from ZBBB to Wuhan going to pick up all the medical equipment to distribute it across the People’s Republic of China!

2 Likes