How to do a long flight?

Ok the topic is not exactly about how to do it, because I already know it lol but I just wanna know of you guys how you guys do to do long flights, like EGLL --> SBGR / KLAX --> EGCC for examples. I’m questioning because even though I’m in IF for about 2 years I had never flew more than 5 hours. I wanna do more, like 10 hours flights or more. How do you guys do? Put the aeroplane to flight, put the phone to charge and then go to sleep? (That’s what I’m planning, but I’m afraid of have something exploding during the night hahaha). I just wanna say thank you for all the answers!! 😁

1 Like

Don’t worry! What you plan to do is what everyone does and nothing should happen! Let alone your device explode Unless you strap a piece of TNT to it

2 Likes

For long flights I suggest using simbrief.com for flight plans and fuel. Hop this helps a little bit.

Tutorial here- Introduction to SimBrief

3 Likes

In addition, have a read at the below two topics. They will be very beneficial :)

Have fun!

2 Likes

You can turn on low battery mode, and also put graphics at low to help!

1 Like

Thank you so much guys! You guys are amazing. And be sure I’ll check all those tips! I’m already getting ready to flight EGLL - SBGR. It’s a dream coming true lol thanks again 😁

Ang to avoid something potentially exploding put your device on low power mode, turn your time into night, put low pier mode on in IF and try not to charge your phone

1 Like

Guys thanks for all tips. Today I made my longest flight ever. It was not that long, but it’s already a new record lol I went from Manchester to Abu Dhabi. 6h08 flying!! Hope I can get back soon to say I made a really long flight lol!! Thank you guys so much 😁

1 Like

I turn my phone down to the lowest brightness, turn it on low power mode, and turn off my notifications. I don’t usually fall asleep until I reach cruising, that way I know that something hasn’t gone wrong, I triple check my fuel and ETE and see if they match up, and then set the speed to have enough time to sleep, and then I call it a night. I wake up just in time to descend. I haven’t had a crash during a long haul recently.

1 Like

MAKE SURE TO PACK EXTRA FUEL!

you don’t want to accidentally oversleep and have your flight crash!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.