How to divert?

Hi
doing a flight right now, and the winds at the airport are 15 knots faster than the plane can handle, in the Metar it says NOSIG, so the winds are not going to change anytime soon.

So I need to divert how? please help me, because this never happened before to me

2 Likes

The only skill is to find an airport that will accommodate your aircraft that is fairly close by.

1 Like

So, How to I program my FMC to go to the airport?
because with VNAV STAR I do not have that planed unlike when I am going to the planned airport

When I divert, I fly visual. Unless there is active ATC and you are required to use a STAR, I recommend flying visual, however if you want to stick to using a STAR, use the following steps.

1. Level off.

2. Find a nearby airport that fits your aircraft.

3. Remove your current flight plan.

4. Add a STAR into the airport you’re diverting to.

3 Likes

First off level off. Then find the airport that fits your aircraft. Remove the filed flight plan to your original airport. Then get a STAR into the airport you are diverting to.

3 Likes

You can remove waypoints from the flight plan by going to the map, clicking the MAP button in the bottom right corner of the screen, which will bring up your flight plan screen, and then you can remove waypoints and procedures by clicking the “-” button on the screen, and then adding your new waypoints afterward. Usually simbrief has an alternative destination programmed into the flight plan.

1 Like

Ok thanks guys!
Starting decent now to my Alternate airport (EHAM)

2 Likes

If you use the original Simbrief to give you a flight plan you also get an alternate and a routing to that alternate.

1 Like

What aircraft are you flying?

1 Like

alright guys the diversion when good
one question
@Aceorbit
@IanD
I looked at one of the Alternatives routes, and this is what I got PAEN/20R 225 68 DCT TBONE DCT why is it reversed?

1 Like

So was PAEN the alternate airport?

1 Like

No, mine was EHAM
I just loaded this one in because I lost the one were i had to divert

1 Like

Interesting, must be something with real world FMC planning, I guess you could just reverse it into IF.

1 Like

Ok then! thanks

1 Like

In the future, If you know you are going to divert, for example, fuel or poor weather, try to start planning the diversion well in advance, one time I was flying into London but the weather was terrible, so halfway over the Atlantic, I started planning to go to Manchester. I figured out what STAR I was going to use, and what gate I will arrive at If you’re into realism :)

What you do is plan the airport you want to divert to. Then you find the arrival/departure Sid that will work best with you original flight plan. Then plan your descent etc. Good luck

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.