How to descend and land?

Hello. I have been playing this game for about a week right now and I get how to get how to takeoff, go to cruise, as well as calculate cruise altitude, but I have trouble with descending and landing. I have looked through many forums as well as many YouTube videos all with different tutorials and ways to calculate descent and landing. Some gave me simple equations while others gave me long and complicated equations. I have tried many but I just end up being too fast while descending and either miss the runway or crash into the runway. Please someone help and tell me the way do descend and land.

1 Like

Try looking through this. There are some landing tutorials that may help you with other aircraft.
https://community.infiniteflight.com/c/tutorials/flight

2 Likes

I use www.simbreif.com and www.Flightplandatabase.com this helps decide which altitude to fly at - along with step climbing! Simbreif is the one i use the most, great planner to use!

1 Like

Here is how I do it
7,500-15,000 ft 30-50 nm
15,000-25,000 ft 50-80 nm
25,000-35,000 ft 80-120 nm
35,000-40,000 ft 120-150 nm
VS ranges from initial descent 800 fpm to descent no more than 2,200 fpm.
That is just me though lol
Your aim is to land smoothly and you can do this by flaring just above the ground. Different aircrafts have different flaring altitudes from a CRJ and a flare at 10 feet to a 787 and a flare of 30 feet. This act of slightly rising the nose will cause a smooth landing and you will not hit the ground hard. I always aim for anywhere between -50 to -250 Vertical speed. If I go less than -50 I find that I float lol.

1 Like

Dont forget about different ki ds of cruising altitudes
360 to 179 odd number
180 to 359 even number

1 Like

I’ve got a little Android app on my phone for this. I’m sure there’s one for iOS as well. Have you tried this?

The ballparks by @Kate_Russell look pretty good.

1 Like

Thank you all. I will be looking into these as well as practicing to get better.

1 Like

Bro… use your natural born pilot Judgment. No equations needed. Use the spoilers and slow below 250 knots then begin descending to 3500 as you zoom in on the GPS and use rationalism. Once your about to chart your flight plan in the beginning. Find out where every runway your landing or touch and going on. Before you even pushback. And always do the pattern downwind on the runway then base then final has to be upwind. Cause it will slow you down and line up the circle with the lines on each side that fluctuates with wind which is a calculated flight path of the relative wind with the direction of the thrust along the runway cause that’s where the airplane will touchdown and mind the crosswind or headwind wind gusts and pockets and hands on throttle and reduce like The PRO you ARE and mind the spoilers for the last adjustment to drop it gently on the runway then reverse thrusters enough down to 75-60 knots then use the brakes and if it’s a touch and go increase speed afterwards flaps back from 30-45 up to none spoilers off and push it 100% and wait for 160-175 knots then liftoff but if it’s a landing. Then again like a pro bla bla bla( you know how to translate that… and most importantly clear the run way before you look like a glitchy aircraft setting there happy cause you knew I was a only C+ groundschool real life experience. And I still hate far up heights…or altitudes and to be honest I don’t even know what I’m doing in this field to begin with. I should’ve been an engineer…lol

1 Like

Just search for E6B on any App Store.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.