How to deal with incompetent, trolling, and unruly ATC Controllers in Grade 2

I recently dealt with an ATC controller who wasn’t responding and just spamming in the log, I was requesting decent to 9000 while he kept spamming turn left heading 360. What should I do in this situation? Do I leave the frequency?

2 Likes

If the controller seems to be trolling, just navigate by yourself. Keep in mind, however, that this is the training server and there are users that are learning how to fly and use ATC. :)

4 Likes

Well you can’t do anything about it. Expert is the place for more professional flying. TS is just casual with atc.

2 Likes

It’s frustrating but yeah there’s really nothing you can do in Training. When it happens to me (on the extremely rare occurrences I fly in TS) I simply ignore them. It’s pretty obvious when someone is trying and practicing their ATC skills, versus when someone is trolling. And if they are giving instructions that make logical sense, of course I will listen.

3 Likes

Frustrating, best thing to do is fly on expert as the ATC there are qualified :)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.