How to DCA

I have added 3 new sections, a section on go around procedures, a section on pattern work and general aviation, and a section on taxiing/exiting the runways. Please see them between the STARs and the runways. Thanks!

3 Likes

This is incredible detailed. All you could possibly want to know about DCA. Very interesting facts kn there as well and things I never knew about before.

This is exactly what #ground-school:community-tutorials is there for, very well done!

2 Likes

I flew into DCA last year on a 30 year old delta 757 (quite old for a 757) from SLC. We made the river visual which was pretty scary considering it was my first time, and also because the plane felt unusually bumpy and unstable for most of the flight which didn’t help

4 Likes

Since DCA is featured in the IFATC schedule today, it would be best for those flying to and from and controlling at DCA to read through this!

1 Like

A new section is in the works with regards to parking. Stay tuned over the next few days!

2 Likes

The long awaited sequel is here!

2 Likes

@shadow2 :)

2 Likes

Yeaaa by far best tutorial I have seen even tho they are all great! I love this. Thanks for taking the time. Fantastic! Great read

1 Like

This is great!!! I was just wondering what would happen if a Pilot Irl goes through one of those restricted airspaces

1 Like

If I had to make a tier list for tutorials, this (and your How to IAD) would be in S-Tier, great work!

1 Like

Thanks!

This is How to DCA… lol

totally didn’t think this was your dulles tutorial

1 Like

You can make a reply there too if you want

1 Like

perhaps

1 Like

where did you get the rnav river visual chart?

1 Like

fltplan.com is where I found them!

I definitely recommend this now that DCA has 3D Buildings!

2 Likes

More people flying in, more people need DaEducation

3 Likes

I am going to bump this for people because I have seen too many straight in approaches for RWY 19 and too many large aircraft departing on RWY 04/22.

5 Likes

I actually perfected the DCA approach, it’s really fun to line up on the runway at the last second

2 Likes