How to create an exam for applicants

Here I am again needing some advice from you wonderful people, how do I create an entry exam for our VA to be completed once we have received an application?

Regards,

Jason

2 Likes

Hello @JagroGaming. May I clarify if you are creating a test for others to join your VA?

What does it mean by prior to receiving an application? Does this mean that before they even apply your VA, they have to go through your test?

2 Likes

Hi @Anthony_Morgan, sorry I think I’ve worded that wrong. Yes I mean for our VA and meant once we have received a pilots application they will be sent a link to take an exam (if I can get one set up)

Regards,

Jason

1 Like

Hello @JagroGaming

I guess you are taking about the application, which can be used as a way to test pilots knowledge. If you are confused, here is how it works:

Application…

You provide a link on your website or official thread (everyone tends to name it application) -> the link may be an application and/or the actual test. There are 2 cases:

1. A user will apply and you will have to contact them directly in order to provide them with the link for the test, or…

2. The application it self can be a test, meaning that it will save you some time, because you only have to message the applicant about the results.

Test…

1. The test may be a practical one, meaning that the questions will test one’s flying knowledgeable (For instance: about aircrafts, how they operate, when is the right time to open strobe lights, etc…)
  2. It may also be a personal test, something that will help you get to know your applicant’s personality
  3. Both 1) & 2)

Setting up a test exam

That’s the easier part, trust me. Before trying anything, I suggest you browse the #live:va category and check other VA/VO’s application form. Many VAs use air table, because you can easily keep track of the applications. There are many more ways other than that though. Try searching it on Google. For your reference, here is the website of Air Table:

Hope this helps. I am reminding you that more useful feedback will be given if your VA enters the approval process. Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,
Thomas // IFVARB Leader

7 Likes

Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much for your response.

This is exactly what I was looking for how to create a test exam to send them a link once we receive their application. I will find air table and look at some examples of others entry exams however we would be looking at setting questions to find out the pilots knowledge of flying, how to start up aircraft without auto start, when to use strobes and and landing lights and at what altitude and separation distance etc etc.

I cannot yet apply to yourselves for IFVARB approval as I have recently left a staff position and am eligible to apply on the 04th of January so utilising the time now to try and have everything prepared for that date so when we are approved we can begin flying and recruiting straight off the approval 😁

Regards,

Jason Groves

2 Likes

Sounds great! Try your best, prepare, and do apply once you meet the requirements. I’ll be very happy to pick you up if you get approved by the administration team! Good luck! 😊

4 Likes

Thanks Thomas I hope everything will be up to scratch and ready to be approved first time have been working into the AM to make sure everything is hopefully above board.

I look forward to working with you when I’m approved and thank you for the help.

Regards,

Jason Groves

3 Likes

I can’t seem to find any examples of entry exams I’ve searched it in the search bar and to see them I’d have to apply to that VA am I using the wrong search term I’m putting in entry exam,

Regards,

Jason

1 Like

Shoot me a PM and I’ll guide you. :)

1 Like