How to Create a Good Topic

I never thought I would post a tutorial like this one one day, but the amount of topics our forum moderators have to move and close is insanely big.
If you are new, help to keep this forum a bit more organized and just read this brief step by step tutorial.
Also, feel free to link this topic beneath an inappropriate, duplicate or in the wrong category posted topic!

Step 1: Research

A lot of topics in the forum are duplicate, especially in the features category. Before you create your topic, look wether something similar or comparable to your theme already exists.

Step 2: A good heading

If you’re topic is not duplicate, start to create your topic. One of the most important things is a brief and clear-cut heading. The heading should not be too long and should summarize what your topic is about. Always stay objective and avoid using not needed punctuation marks.

bad:

good:

Step 3: The correct category

Before you move on, make sure the topic is in the correct category. You can adjust the category with the bar next to your heading. In this case, the topic belongs to the Features category.

To look up where your topic belongs to, you will find a pinned topic about what belongs into this category in each one.

If you still don’t know where you should post the topic, ask a forum member (preferably a Regular or Moderator) or ask in the Meta category. We are always happy to help!

Step 4: Describe your topic

To let other forum members get an idea what you want to request, ask, post or show, describe your topic. Again, stay objective and be exact. Always follow the community guidelines!

bad:

good:

Don’t be worried about poor english skills and language knowledge, we are an international community. Of course - don’t offend a member because of his bad english!

A few things you should note:

Things you don’t need:

• A poll at the end of a feature request to ask if other forum members like the idea or not.
  • Not suiting GIFs and meme’s
  • A signature
  • tagging a developer to get his attention for your topic
  • Emoticons and text-arts

A few special things about the features category:

• Only 1 picture per feature topic
  • Only 1 feature request in a topic, for another one, create another topic
  • No livery tracking and request threads!

Thanks for reading, helping to keep the forum organized and for saving a bit of the moderators’ work :)

31 Likes

greaat guy

but can i suggest you to change in #tutorials ?
especially for TL0 users

No sir, this stays in #meta. This tutorial isn’t about an aspect in Infinite Flight. :)

2 Likes

okay! understand that :)

Thx for the clarification, I was not quite sure either.

Why are livery requests not allowed? Or is it still allowed but not on features?

Livery request are allowed, just not in tracking threads. Please make one request per topic :)

Ohhh, thanks for letting me know, I’ve been wanting to post a livery request. Maybe I’ll do it later today!

1 Like

Just make sure you search before you do so;)

1 Like

Nice tutorial and walk through. I’m sure this will help, especially newer members.

2 Likes

At last someone understands!

1 Like

Nice thread.

4 Likes

New Members, especially the ones posting a lot in #features should see this

4 Likes