How to create a Callsign

Apart from the easy stuff about selecting the airline and then typing in a number, what are the tricks and tips for creating a custom callsign and are there any rules or guidelines?

Well you head over to General Aviation to select a custom callsign e.g N342HJ
Like if this helps

3 Likes

But please insure it is respectful and appropriate
Like if this helps

2 Likes

You can have your custom callsign as anything, whatever fits your personal preference as long as it’s appropiate and a reasonable length.

You can include your initials in it, your name, your favourite number, your dogs birthday, anything you like. It’s really entirely down to you.

1 Like

Just to reiterate and

@Patrick_McCormack My bad, I forgot to let people know that I do know how to create a callsign (by going over to the general aviation tab) but the more information out on this website, the better it helps other so…

@TimShan05 Thanks this is the answer I think that was what I was looking for.

Is there any specific codes for airlines or aircrafts?

It’s all there in the airline callsigns section.

Well, I guess you could use a callsign like EI101 for an Aer Lingus A330 as an example?

1 Like

@TheAviationGallery Yes but then it refers to you as Qantas xxx when (I believe) that in this world that we live on, there might be a specific code for all Qantas jets or the A380 or Boeing 747 etc.

I might be wrong

A380 uses the term “Super” and you can find that in the airline callsigns section too.

2 Likes

Indeed. “Heavy” and “Super” are usually used at the end of big/heavy aircraft callsigns (such as the Qantas B747/A380 you were referring to).

1 Like

you can put the real flight callsingn, for an example JFK-DXB, then, if you’re doing this route you can put EK202

you can create your own callsing and use it on every flight, like me, my callsing is “N8VR” and i use it everytime.

the only rule i guess is that you can’t put any maleficent word on your callsing

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.