How to counter "plane movements" at speeds exceeding 480 knots?

Hi there,
when flying on AP at 10000 feet at about 480 knots the nose of the plane, in this case an Airbus A330-300, starts to move up and down like a ship heading into a head sea.
Speed increases and decreases as the AP tries to compensate for the sudden changes in altitude and speed.

Only when I disengage the AP does the plane level out and fly smoothly again.

Maybe someone can help me out here. Am I doing something totally wrong that I am not aware of 😳…? Or is it a software issue maybe?

I appreciate your help 😊
S. Cordes

Details:
Plane: Airbus A330-300
Weight: normal
Speed: about 480 knots
FL 100
No spoilers, no flaps, 0% trim
happens regularly

Device: iPhone5

A/P vertical speed bug in solo

This isn’t a bug your going to fast.

Considering that the top speed for the A330 is about 493 Knots… You’re going too fast my friend. Try slowing down.

KIAS normally never exceeds 290 knots.

The counter is slowing down.

There u go… Maybe touching down with less than 250 knots might also be worth a try then 😀

Thanks a lot.

Look at your ground speed and mach speed then tell me what you think the problem is.

Best, Boeing707

Yea try landing at about 140-150

I see people coming to glideslope at 240 and number 2 to land, I simply tell him to do 360. No point tell him to slow down, by the time he acknowledge he would over take number one and land top of the one lined up for take off😛😛😛😛

Going to have to help yourself. That plane can’t handle that speed at that altitude. Go higher or slow down. The plane is performing properly.

Thank you all very much for your help 😀
Follwed your advice- plane performs beautifully now.

It’s called “Buffeting” your going to fast. The Pilots Operating Handbook (POI) for all IF aircraft are on line. (The V’s for all phases of flight are listed in the POI)

I just looked it up. Thank you. Some online encyclopedia say it is caused by turbulence. however, as I have now understood ‘the buffeting’ we speak about is a result of going to fast- or to slow.

closed #14