How to communicate with ATC

I need to know how to use the right ATC, how to answer everything certainly, today I was flying on the Expert Server, I didn’t know how to obey and answer the ATC and I took a level 3 violation, I need help, help me!

Perhaps if you explain the situation and what you did? It’s hard to help otherwise.

1 Like

Hi there! The official ATC Communication Guide has everything you might need to know about communicating with Infinite Flight ATC. Go check it out and let us know if you have any questions – very happy to see your eagerness to learn!

8 Likes

I was approaching KSEA, so he told me to turn to another heading, and change lanes, so I didn’t do that because the other lane was in the opposite direction and had the red number, and then I went on my way, shortly after missing 12nm he gave me a level 3 violation.

1 Like

The cone colours (I think that’s what you’re referring to) are not always a good indication of conditions. ATC will have chosen a runway carefully for lots of reasons, so you should always do as directed. It’s not surprising you were given a violation for this, you were given instructions and didn’t follow them.

4 Likes

They’re trained, they know what they’re doing. They won’t put you into a dangerous tailwind.
And localisers, not lanes 😉

It’s best to just always obey instructions. Even if the runway is red, any tailwind up to 10 knots (I think) can be still safely landed in.

1 Like

Check out this guide:
Congrats on Making it to Expert, Want to Stay There? Follow these Notes

1 Like

I’d highly recommend getting in touch with your controller, as I’m sure they could explain what happened better than anyone else. If you take a look at your Violation History Log, it should include the respective controller’s username. If you need any help contacting them, let me know!

1 Like

You should ALWAYS follow the ATC instructions, they know what they are doing, he knows what will be better to the traffic at the moment.

Quick question, Did you check the ATIS when approaching KSEA? The runways in use were probably there

1 Like

There was no ATIS, I think !! I just saw the KSEA Approach

ok, thanks!! How can he remove my violation?

Alright, when you requested approach, which runway did the ATC told you to expect visual/gps/ils?

1 Like

He told me to go to 34

After the controller’s explanation, if you feel the violation was unjustified, you may appeal it by adding @appeals to the private message. More information can be found here.

1 Like

Confirm that 34B were reds at the moment?

1 Like

I confirm.

I think it would be best if we let the controller take it from here, to avoid miscommunication. Were you able to find the controller’s display name, @LucasS?

1 Like

Yep. “kylejtam”

Contact @kylejtam to discuss your report

1 Like