How to change the pilot voice in IF

Hey IFC, how can you customize the voice in IF when people are communicating in the game? I have looked in settings and there is only 1 option. Don’t know if this should be in #general or #live
Thanks!

1 Like

Go into settings——>live——>pilot voice

1 Like

But there is only one option.

“I can’t hear any ATC voices on my Android device.”

On October 8th, Google pushed an update for their TTS (text to speech) application used in many Android phones. This update can in some cases cause ATC voices to stop working for Infinite Flight. To resolve this issue, go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Text to speech output -> Install voice data.

Remove all voices that are possible to remove, then download & install them again. Specifically the English options. That should do the trick!

Note :
Depending on Android version, your TTS settings could be placed a bit differently. If you can’t find them using the steps above, try:
Settings -> General Management -> Language input -> Text to speech -> Cogwheel next to your preferred TTS engine.

“Since upgrading to iOS 13 / iPadOS, i can’t hear any ATC?”

With Apple’s recent release of iOS 13 for iPhones and iPadOS for iPads, some users are experiencing an issue where their voices are missing from their Infinite Flight in-app settings. If you are experiencing this please follow the steps below:

1.) Go to your device Settings -> Accessibility -> Voice Over -> Speech -> Voice
2.) Once here you will see tables for voices broken down by English (US, Australia, India, Ireland, etc.)
3.) Download the voices by clicking on the cloud icon with the arrow that points downward found on the right of the voice name. Pro Tip: You have to click on each voice and then tap on the cloud icon to download.

If there is only one voice that shows, it means your device’s TTS engine is missing voices or using a different engine. Follow @TimShan05’s advise above.

1 Like

Thank you @TimShan05 All done

1 Like

This can be closed

There uses to be British, English and more don’t know what happened, but remember their were multiple options

@TimShan05 before text to speech add “hearing enchantments”! For Android :)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.