How to Change ATC pronunciations. (iOS)

Hello!

Today I would like to show you guys something that may be of great help to some of you, and for the rest, it won’t make a difference.
As the title says, I am going to show you how to change pronunciations for words on ATC.

Simple Guide:

1. Navigate to Settings on your device.
  2. Scroll down to the ‘Accessibility’ tab and open it.
  3. Under the ‘Vision’ section you will find a tab labeled ‘Spoken Content’, open it.
  4. You should see a tab at the bottom of the page that reads ‘pronunciations’, open it.
  5. Add a new pronunciation by pressing the ‘+’ sign.
  6. You will be met with a screen, use the format in the next step to fill in each table.
Phrase Substitution
Put the *word you want to change here Insert the way you want it pronounced here.
Qantas Cwontas
  1. Make sure Languages is set to all, and Ignore Case and Apply To All Apps is on
  2. Test it out!

NOTAMS:

• This method will only work on Legitimate Apple Devices running iOS 11+
  • This feature is purely for self-entertainment, meaning the changes will only appear on your device, and will not be changed for the live server.
  • *word: The Phrase does not have to be a single word, you can put more than one word.
  • To do Airlines such as KLM or UPS, put each letters respective phonetic letter in ‘phrase’, eg, ‘Kilo Lima Mike’

I hope this little guide helped you! if you are having issues, don’t hesitate to drop a reply!

9 Likes

Nice thread. Thank you it’s very useful.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.