How to calculate V speeds

Hi guys,

So do any of you know how do you calculate the V speeds? (V1, Vr, V2)

Thanks

There’s an App called In-Flight Assistant which has a lot of great features of which one of them is a V-speed calculator. It automatically calculates your V-speeds depending on your flaps setting and weight.

4 Likes

Ah I see, is it free?

no it isnt free but the features of the app are well worth the money

Ah I see, I’ll consider it… Thanks!

1 Like

Is there a mathematical formula?? i’m gunna look for one right now…

EDIT: there is no set formula.

I find that IF-A is well out with the V speeds when it comes to the 777 200F which I mainly fly.

I use Toper777 it’s free on play store and gives a much more accurate calculation using wind runway temp etc.
although I know it’s only for the 777.

1 Like

Ye that was what I was wondering… But then I saw many say that “there isn’t an actual formula”

1 Like

Then that should work for me since I mainly fly B77W

1 Like

It’s the best airliner to fly :)

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it depends on many factors like runway length, wind, temperature airport elevation, runway condition… therefore there is no set formula.

2 Likes

For some aircraft, does calculate your VR speeds, on the A320 family i’ve had it for every aircraft i believe. And a few others as well:)

2 Likes

Though, sometimes I’ve had issues with this when the speeds were too high and I ended up sliding around a bit shortly before liftoff.

Fair point, but at least it gives you a free rough estimate :)

http://www.satavirtual.org/fleet/A320PERFORMANCE.PDF
Best for a320

Buy a calculator, then calculate it and call cloud.

IF pilots have created sheets with this information on them. I can get you them if you would like.

1 Like

Here’s a full V Speed list by @USA007:

1 Like

Remember some of these are according to real life V speed charts I found from SOP from airlines. Some of the older models may not have the actually representation of their behavior in IF

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.