How to activate APPR

No problem! I wrote this somewhere else but it made more sense to have it be it’s own topic.

3 Likes

Yeah for sure. Thank you again!

Yay! I was about to suggest making it a topic after quoting it twice in the last 15 mins.

1 Like

I’m loving the new layout, it’s not that complicated once you get used to it. It looks like the aggressive banks upon APPR activation are back though. I remember they fixed this awhile ago. Anyone have suggestions for this?

Once again wouldn’t this divert you from your initial radial. For me I am on source GPS and tune into NAV1. This keeps me on my heading and then I engage APPR. The NAV1 source just moves you to the beginning of the runway in a strange fashion

If you have NAV AP on then yes it will, from what I’ve found. Do not have NAV AP on, hand fly or use HDG ALT SPD AP, or have a FPL that intercepts the ILS you plan on using so you can go from GPS to NAV 1.

1 Like

Mhm. You mean you don’t actually have to change source right?

You do you have to set it to NAV1/2

Click on airport. Press runways. Choose runway. In the bottom right you can select either one

1 Like
  1. Tutorial about how to disable crazy APPR will be two weeks later :)

@Trio thanks for that! I made a russian version for my mates!

1 Like

I’m making a video of me intercepting, it’s the same procedure pretty much as in the Navigation tutorial video though.

Here’s a video of me going from GPS source autopilot > HDG autopilot > NAV 1 autopilot APPR, ILS for 09R.

5 Likes

I’ll try it out

@Trio I did some testing. There is a simpler way to engage APPR. So say I have waypoints leading me to the localizer intercept. I‘m flying NAV source GPS. The waypoints result in me turning so that I’m at a 30 degree angle to the localizer, yet still 8nm away from intercept. What I would do is instead of using HDG and all that stuff, do something way simpler. So I’m landing 27R at Heathrow. I click onto Heathrow and tune in NAV1 for the ILS 27R. After this, I just change my current NAV to APPR instead, not needing to change anything such as source or whatever. The source can remain in GPS and everything may stay the same.

2 Likes

Yes, that is the other option I layed out in this post. Whatever works.

1 Like

Hello
Gréât tutoriel. The thing is my screen doesn’t come with all these NAV1 NAV2 etc

Which plane are you in? And which system : I am with IOS on iPAD

Thx

Christophe BARBE

Gesandt von meinem iPolster durch Apfel

Dikirim dari blok saya di Apel

منذ تقريري كتلة من أبل

Thanks @Trio, this was so needed. It’s complicated, but I can get used to it, just gotta get back in the swing of things with this new UI.

1 Like

Hello @ItsinziAir,

What device do you use and what version of Infinite Flight do you have? The most recent update 19.4?

Indeed this is confusing but it is well layed out here.

I have seen a lot of posts about how this is “negative”, but people ask for realism, they get it, they complain. Just learn it here!

1 Like