How The Beluga Has Helped Airbus Grow

Below Is a video recently posted on the Airbus Youtube channel. It provides a great insight into why air travel was initially used for transporting their parts from all over Europe and how it’s progressively changed from the 1960’s to 2017 with the New Beluga XL.

What are your thoughts on it and are you surprised that Boeing played a part in this effort?

For more information take a look at the website below:

Hope this was interesting to you all.

4 Likes

The Beluga looks like a failed A380

12 Likes

What happens when you mix a whale and an airplane? A beluga!

3 Likes

I think the guppie looked the worst. Possibly the ugliest plane of all time.

2 Likes

The guppie is hot…Beluga is like the evil twin

Has to be one of the most unique planes in the world !

wow i never knew they had made a prop version back in the day, thanks !

1 Like

It helps them growing every day, as it is their most efficient way to carry their aircraft parts all over Europe.

2 Likes

The beluga looks like the airplane that has digestion problems.

2 Likes

Why are you all fixated on looks. Do you not get what the purpose of the aircraft is? 🙄

3 Likes

Says the Boeing fan xD Joking

Anyway, it’s funny how Boeing helped Airbus with their Guppy to transport the airplane parts

You mean the evil younger brother

1 Like

Interesting how they’re making the Beluga XL using the A330 as a “base” plane. Doesn’t look too different except for the winglets. I hope they don’t retire the old ones though.

Wasn’t it the A300 that was used as the base plane though?

No. The Beluga XL is based on the A330, hence the “XL”…🙄

3 Likes

Oh ok! I didn’t see the “XL” part lol! 😂

2 Likes

The thumbnail looks like Megamind lol!

2 Likes

Yeah if you see the link it says they will operate alongside each other in order to meet the step up in production.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.