How the auto land/approach mode works

How does the APPR work? I’ve been landing in low visibility lately.

3 Likes

Hey! Below I linked a helpful video tutorial that should point you in the right direction of how it’s properly done.

3 Likes

Thanks very much!

im not sure, maybe try vnav for now, if u don’t rlly get it, it helps you make the approach part of the landing.

1 Like

Oh I already use VNAV C:

2 Likes

ok so u usually use vnav for ur approaches? ok

VNAV doesn’t have anything to do with how the approach mode works. Two independet things.

3 Likes

On the Airport you landing click on it and go to rwys. Select your rwy ur landing and click Nav 1. This only works if the rwy have a loc or ILS. Then I suggest to turn it on when you are lined up with the rwy and make sure that the weight isn’t too heavy and you are under 200 kts. And there it is but remember that you still have to put out flaps, gear, and speed and arm the spoilers.

2 Likes

One issue to consider about ILS intercepts that follow on from an RNAV or GPS approach is the glideslope capture… For APPRH mode to work you should be below the glideslope before capture, so a manual increase to negative vertical speed may be needed to drop below the GS to allow capture.

Be gentle though, just a little bit…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.